1111 miles in a 2

Started by Anonymous, April 24, 2004, 17:04

Anonymous

Well after lurking for a while I thought I'd better introduce myself, or rather my new 2.

A couple of years ago I agonised over what car to buy. I got invited to one of MrT's track days to try out a Celica, and came back wanting an MR2 after being driven round the Brands Hatch Indy circuit while travelling sideways   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  . But when it came to parting with my hard earned, I played safe and got the fun but sensible Celi.

I was very pleased for 10 months and 5750 miles, until some idiot drove into the back and out the near side rear wing. After £6000 of repairs, 2 resprays, 2 months off the road and 12 months arguing with MrT to why my Celi leaned. "Er, the height isn't adjustable sir", "Well doesn't that mean somethings wrong with it then?", "Er, the height isn't adjustable sir".   s:x :x s:x  

So I decided to cut my loses and sell the thing back to them. So here I am, having just completed 1111 miles in my shiny new 2, the last 40 of them today with the sun shining and the roof down.   s8) 8) s8)  So what do I think? Well as warned in numerous posts on this site, it creaks, it rattles and clunks going backwards. The discs started to rust after one rainy weekend away and the wheels will corrode if I don't wash it.

But it's damn good fun!!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  With the hardtop on it's comfy, reasonably quite and boy does it corner. With the roof down it's even better. The Celi was a great handling car but underpowered, the 2 feels like a completely different engine.

Future mods? Well it could do with being stiffer when the roofs off, so a front strut brace and an anti-flex plate might be on the shopping list. Some Mongo/Bama deflectors might useful during the summer. And after receiving my very first Brucie bonus points from PC Plod while driving the 2   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  an Origin B2 might be needed.

So here's hoping for sunny days...

Anonymous

Howdy and welcome!

Nice to see another '2 owner in Basingstoke on here, I'm always waving but never any response!

Will keep my eyes peeled for you out on the ring-road!   s8) 8) s8)  

Tim.

Anonymous

Alright geezer. Nice colour!

Does corner, doesn't it?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

DAZ400

Hi Jon welcome, not sure you have more roundabouts than milton keynes though.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

Welcome to the club.

Twas in basingstoke this week on a course racing around in a Cupra R, lots of roundabouts, wasnt anything as good as the 2.

What great weather today eh!.  Hope everyone here went topless today!

Slacey

Hi there, and if you need help with the mods... I'm a man who can get things  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Welcome to the club & remember you can now get a loyalty card from the Police to keep all you points on, ready to redeem againts a 10 speed racer or mountain bike of your choice  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "DAZ400"Hi Jon welcome, not sure you have more roundabouts than milton keynes though.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Too true we are the kings of the roundabouts here in MK. Anyway g'day  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I shall keep a look out for carter, I was about to give up on the waving to follow 2 owners for all the odd looks I was getting   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I admit I haven't tried out the roundabouts in MK, but on my 8 mile trip to work and back I have 18 roundabouts, not good for the tire wear, but jolly good fun.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Jon"it creaks, it rattles and clunks going backwards. The discs started to rust after one rainy weekend away and the wheels will corrode if I don't wash it.

But it's damn good fun!!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Now that's what I call a write up!!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: