TTE Lowering Springs

Started by Anonymous, July 8, 2003, 21:20

Anonymous

Im really considering lowering my motor with the TTE springs at its 20k service.
Has anyone had this done already??  If so any chance of some pics and opinions?
Also, ive heard that your supposed to have the steering geometry checked once fitted - is this right??

Thanks
Matt

markiii

not the steering but the suspension alignment as the Struts need to come off to change the springs.  Unless you have a particular desire to have the TTE badged ones, you may want to get the Eibach pro springs which are exactly the same things (Eibach make the TTE ones for Toyota) and cheaper.

try Demon Tweeks if you do.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Got them, love them   s:) :) s:)

markiii

I thought you had the sportivo WD?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"I thought you had the sportivo WD?

Nope, my first Roadster did but when I chanced it for my newer one it went with it as part of the deal.  (This may sound like a bad idea but I didn't pay anything for the swap and the old one had 30k on the clock and the new one had 3k with the body kit and red leather.)

The springs are great, but I will be fitting the TRD or PR braces, the car really needs it up front.

markiii

I see. Not bad at all. You relly must tell me how you wangled that sometime. I'l be organising a group buy on the lower member braces sometime in the next month or two if your interested.

Mark

Anonymous

cheers for that people.

im currently sorting a price with my local dealer on the springs and will decide then i guess.

Jap GT300

Can you please post the price you are given as I'm still not sure what springs I am going to use.

Thanks Adam

Anonymous

Will Eibach springs affect my warranty though, as TTE ones don't do they?

Slacey

I've been tempted with these since I got the car, but have a question to those who have them - now I've got 17" wheels, in your opinion will I have any rubbing problems if the car is lowered with these springs?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Jap GT300

I'm also running 17's but the monocraft sits a lot higher than the standard panels.  I remember people on SC saying it only rubbed on extreme bends.  I won't be caining my car that much!

Adam

markiii

Quote from: "bigun007"Will Eibach springs affect my warranty though, as TTE ones don't do they?

your dealer may decid to get a little snotty, but they can't really void it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "bigun007"Will Eibach springs affect my warranty though, as TTE ones don't do they?

your dealer may decid to get a little snotty, but they can't really void it.

Unless they can PROVE that the springs caused the problem then they can't not cover your warranty.  You can fit whatever parts you like to your car.

Anonymous

Definitely interested in a set of lower braces. I've heard really good things about the TRD ones but dont know if anyone else makes them.

I was considering going to Fensports but a group buy would be excellent.  s:P :P s:P  

Let me know how you get on.

Tem

About the warranty...the TTE springs don't say TTE anywhere in the springs. It just says Eibach on them. So if you just say they are the TTE springs, I don't think the dealer can say anything to it...or play stupid that you don't know a thing, but you bought them from Toyota  s;) ;) s;)

I'm not sure if the numbers on the springs are the same in TTE/Eibach though...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"About the warranty...the TTE springs don't say TTE anywhere in the springs. It just says Eibach on them. So if you just say they are the TTE springs, I don't think the dealer can say anything to it...or play stupid that you don't know a thing, but you bought them from Toyota  s;) ;) s;)

I'm not sure if the numbers on the springs are the same in TTE/Eibach though...

er are you sure?  I'm also most sure mine do...

Tem

I'm sure that it only said Eibach, not TTE. A set for 2000 MR2 and installed by dealer when the car was new.

I guess there's a chance that the TTE label could've worn off during the 6 months of use, but I doubt it...they looked like new.

Anonymous

Had TTE springs on my brand new '2. All four clearly labelled Toyota Team Europe.

Mike

Tem

Mike, can you take a pic of that text?

Anonymous

I'll do it tonight and post in the morning.

M

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Mike, can you take a pic of that text?

As promised...

Underneath the TTE, it actually sats Toyota Team Europe in blurry text.

Hope this helps.

M

Anonymous

Yip just checked mine, they are the same.

Tem

Thanks...it even shows the actual Toyota part number (AM...) and even the color is different, his are red. Does anyone have TTE springs from early 2000..? IIRC, he got his car in April...and I'm 101% sure it doesn't say TTE on them  s:) :) s:)  Now you kinda made me wonder if they are TTE springs at all  s:? :? s:?

markiii

The eibachs are the same coliur and part number, they just say Eibach pro where the TTE is.

Anonymous

Has anyone managed to get a good deal on the TTE's fitted? I've been chasing around a couple of Mr T's, and the price that always comes back is £319. Seems a little expensive given that the parts are only £166.

Anyone got any advice? I'm thinking of getting them done at the same time as my first service...

Tags: