2001 MR2 Double Din HU

Started by Jepson246, March 21, 2012, 13:37

Jepson246

Hi,

I am brand new to this forum and have owned my MR2 for 1 week and absolutely loving it!!!!
I am getting a "JVC KW XR411" Double Din HU fitted next week by the garage i bought the car from and was wondering what else i will need to supply them with, i know i need a wiring adaptor but will i also need a fascia such as this:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-RAV4-R ... 3a6a35b501 m  

Help would be much appriciated as i dont want to turn up for the fitment without the correct things.

Cheers
Hannah
[size=85]2001 silver beauty!
Powder coated anthracite alloys, Dev\'s de-dimplator in gloss black, custom silver side vents with stainless steel meshing, screaming chicken soft top pull handle, silver mr2 vinyl kick plates, PRECATS OUT and a relocated front number plate.
[/size]

Anonymous

I fitted my pioneer 4200-dvd in the stock 2001 fascia, it means the screen can't rotate though to get at the sd card reader or cd drive. Not a problem as I use the ipod / usb lead in the glovebox for my media. As yours doesn't have a tilting screen I'd just slap it in the stock fascia. I'll take a picture at some point, I prefer the look as the profile of my stereo follows the lines of the stock stereo, the facelift fascia looks a bit empty without the "fisher price" unit in it.

I did need the harness as you mention, but you have that so not a problem.

The job shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes either, an hour absolute tops with a coffee break in. I reckon I could probably do mine in less than that now, have had it apart 3 times already fiddling about, don't let them tell you it took "hours".

Jepson246

Cheers, the garage i just bought the car from are fitting it FOC so atleast they cant try and bill me for hours of labour, ive fitted aftermarket HU's in my last 4 cars so could easily do it myself, but it cud void my warranty if i did it and anything went wrong.  But cheers, i will tell em to put it in the stock fascia  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 silver beauty!
Powder coated anthracite alloys, Dev\'s de-dimplator in gloss black, custom silver side vents with stainless steel meshing, screaming chicken soft top pull handle, silver mr2 vinyl kick plates, PRECATS OUT and a relocated front number plate.
[/size]

Tags: