Double din unit fitting help for this weekend

Started by Curlytoppz, April 8, 2012, 09:08

Anonymous

Hi Rich

Sorry Ive been busy recently,

Firstly - Yes the wire does go up and down if the switch is left on when you turn the ignition like normal. I am looking forward to showing you around my car so you can see my set-up you may consider copying it!

GT86 - I felt the same, nice looking but wasnt any faster than my stock MR2, so i wont be paying out £25k for one! The one i drove was in black and trust me, it was STUNNING.

Too bad about the plate  s:( :( s:(  I might change the switch or drill into the dashboard!

if its not too late, keep the switch out at the moment, dont pop it in - will make it easier when wiring.

When do you wana do the the wiring? am free today.

The head unit looks great, I want a double din at somepoint but bills to pay at the moment!

Richard41

QuoteFirstly - Yes the wire does go up and down if the switch is left on when you turn the ignition like normal.

Excellent, probably wouldn't have done it if it stayed up, had an aerial on another car snapped off so wouldn't risk it.

Switch isn't in, am sure ive got most of the other bits needed to save using yours, busy today but forecast is great this week so any excuse for a run up the A1 one evening   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Anonymous

Well I got copper cable and solder and iron, the only other thing is the wire plugs... But ill pick some up one evening, I use them all the time so I don't mind buyin them.

Richard41

Got plenty of plugs will bring a strip with me.

frogger

[EDIT] Post removed [/EDIT]

Tags: