Word to the wise in the wet

Started by Rusky, April 28, 2012, 19:47

Rusky

Ok if you see a small patch of wet under your car and think to yourself 'looks like I may have a bit of a drain blockage' make sure you check both ends of the drain!!!!   That will prevent a loud sloshing noise coming from behind your seat as you pull away or corner!!!!!   Yes bins we're full and top drains were blocked, all clear now but learn from my mistake and always check both ends of a drain!!! Doh!!!

Roadwarrior

Been there done that   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Once unblocked they stay clear for a long time though.

Rusky

Glad to hear that but once the rain stops, the hood is coming down and they are getting a good clean. Or is that IF the rain stops?

Chris H

Quote from: "Rusky"Glad to hear that but once the rain stops, the hood is coming down and they are getting a good clean. Or is that IF the rain stops?

IF.......  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

2 of the left

I'm considering buying a pair of oars and a schnorkel!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

bigwillcv36

Yeah, this is a seriously wet drought.
Only in England...
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

normanh

I think we have all been there at sometime Rusky even those of us that know the "drains need checking", I check my regular and I still get it on occasions so I keep a pvc covered curtain wire in the car. The first slosh you hear its too late it means its already in your back bins!

It only takes one large leaf to get lodge on the drain and its blocked as I found out recently so its not just the fine silt that builds up and to cap it all I recently lost two large felt pads off the rear shelf so you can guess where I found them?

norman

kerbut

Glad I fitted a replacement soft top and cleaned the drains last week.

nimrod

If your drains are not blocked,you will see water in front of your rear wheel?

Rusky

LMFAO!!! thought i would make sure the drains were clear so did a bit of cleaning to make sure, didnt see the beaker of water i had placed on the floor to wash them through.  Walking back round to the drivers door with the door wide open i kicked the beaker full of water rugby style straight inside the car!!!! Water all over the dash, centre console and windscreen...    LMFAO!!!

where is Summer?!

Tags: