Who's had their '2' since new?

Started by MisterK, May 1, 2012, 18:32

MisterK

Spent some time yesterday with Paul - 'Puma2' who was having his '2' fitted with the FK Automotive lowering springs among other jobs, by Matt Performance who is local to where I live.  Whilst chatting on various topics relating to MR2's and the Owners Forum, Paul commented that I must be one of the few owners now on the forum who has had their '2' since new.  I'm guessing that this might be true - I got the car in June 2004 from Inchcape Toyota in Burton Trent.  If you've had your car since new, when did you buy it and & who was the dealer?  It will be interesting to see how many members are 'owners since new!!'
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

VVT-i

I bought mine new in july 2005 from Western Toyota in Edinburgh... current mileage is 38K
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Roadwarrior

Bought mine Early 2003. Car had done 2500 miles. Woman trading it in said it sat too low to the ground. You feel every bump in the road. And also said it drives like a Go Kart.
I bought it without a test drive. Could not wait to drive it home.   s:D :D s:D   So may not have been new but not far off. Best thing i have ever bought.   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

FGrob

Not quiet new, 54 plate (Sept 04) - 5 months old when I brought her with 500 miles on the clock, same as above really - woman driver who needed more space   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I brought her from Toyota in Newport Gwent, did the deal over the internet / phone, the first time a set eyes on her was when I went to pick her up - went by train, god it seemed to take an age.

Rob
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

roger

Brand new May 2004, from Inchcape Nottingham, because Inchcape Oxford wouldn't match the price (for exactly the same car) until after the deposit  had been paid!!!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

puma2

s:D :D s:D  i wish i had mine since new that for sure  s:( :( s:(  

a big thankyou again Mark for your time and and great hospitality'   s:D :D s:D  

well if you cant have new the next best thing is to have work done Matt performance (will do a right when i have more time  s:D :D s:D  )
its great to hear how people got there's from new or very near new   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  Proud bunch of people and so you should be  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

dcod

Mine was delivered, all the way from Holland, to my door on the back of a transporter in february 2001.   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

StephenBennett

Brand new for me too - December 2003, 40K. FSH, almost perfect still - hopefully!

Sad there's nothing to replace it that I can afford and it's worth bugger all now.

Still, destined to be a classic I think.

Regards

Stephen

Two's Company

Ordered new June 2003 and registered September from RRG. Nearly on 92k miles.

Tags: