Another year legal ..

Started by aaronjb, May 1, 2012, 19:11

aaronjb

Took the MR2 for it's MOT yesterday - first test since all the modifications came off it (besides the clutch) so slightly nerve wracking.. anyhow, it passed, so that's a relief.

Though it wouldn't have had I not been able to crawl under the car first thing and replace the failed Twos 'R Us front droplinks (with ROC-links) - one essentially failed on installation (years ago) and refused to torque up, the thread on the nut had clearly finally given up and it was no longer tight at all. Naturally it also refused to un-do so out came Gerald the Grinder and off he came.

Anyway .. while looking at the test certificate vs last year I realised that the car only did 1230 miles last year; that's a sharp drop off considering that in the preceeding 9 years it covered 85005 miles! Maybe it's time for a very limited mileage policy... or a change of car  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

loadswine

Well done mate, that's a good job done!  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Quote from: "aaronjb"out came Gerald the Grinder

Is that your man-servant or do you name your tools?

Either is wholly unacceptable   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Congrats on getting another 12-month ticket Aaron.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

aaronjb

I named my tools, Ste  s;) ;) s;)  Although it's the little grinder, so maybe it should be Geraldine..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

If I had a man-servant I'd have set him on the Jag by now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  since I need to get shot of that in the next couple of weeks - seems the engine et al might just go to the crusher with the chassis.

Have a hankering for a change of scenery, though, so might stick the '2 on PH etc soon and see if anyone wants a car with a silly rattly clutch  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Still trying to attemp on convincing the other half to buy one. Also if you want a hand for the day on the jag just give me a shout mate. I'll also see if I can get Brutus the big grinder  s:D :D s:D

Tags: