car paintwork vandalised

Started by wotugonado, June 2, 2012, 21:32

wotugonado

Some little **** has badly scratched my rear quarter and rear panel by the engine lid, im absolutely gutted. Has any one in the midlands/south birmingham area got any experience with repairing this type of damage or can recommend a good resprayer.

Dont know why they ve done it but its definitely not accidental  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Any help or pointers would be gratefully appreciated, its proper ruined my weekend.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Anonymous

You could try some Farcla G3 compound or get a smart repairer to fix this or get a decent scrap panel the same colour and swap it out.
 m http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread ... highlight= m

Anonymous

Sorry to see that mate, maybe the same kind folk who stoved my van window in last week.
The cars have a base coat and laquer paint system. You might be lucky and find in hasn't gone through the laquer, and may polish out. Worth a try if you're not claiming off your insurers.

wotugonado

Swapping the panel is probably gonna take too long to source the same colour panel, ive been looking for a replacement front wing in this colour since the beginning of march, but no luck. The picture does nt show how bad it is, its gone down to the white coat below on most of the scratches. Not going through insurance, im at 0 years no claims as it is. Any ideas what a smart repairer would charge per panel ?
Whats wrong with people going around damaging other peoples property, Scumbags.

AckersMR2

Gutted for you, it's bad enough when you come back to a ding, but that!
You could probably just get it sprayed over, but to do a proper job and have it prep'ed and resprayed I recon you'd be looking at £300ish?
My only car is a Ducati 

Anonymous

Quotewhite coat below
The laquer looks white when you scratch it.

My local body shop charged £120 for a front bumper and £350 for the full front end back to the screen.

wotugonado

s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(

AckersMR2

Quote from: "dick2ski"
QuoteMy local body shop charged £120 for a front bumper and £350 for the full front end back to the screen.
There are some benefits to living "up north" then  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail then you won't be able to polish it out  s:( :( s:(
My only car is a Ducati 

wotugonado

ffs, its not gonna be a cheap fix then. There goes my new brake discs/pads ive been saving for. Ive not had a good start to life with this car, wish i could get a f*cking break. I really hate the people who have done this, i hope karma  sshit shit sshit s all over them sometime soon.

Chris H

Sorry to see that mate....Utter f*****g b******s,this sort of thing really
pi**es me off.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  .......you could also try looking up one of the mobile
guys,like,"Autoscratch"........hope you sort it soon and not to costly.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Hi,

Utter bad luck! Ive had some respraying done on my car, from an accident. The rear panel was dented in and needed a full respray. The bumper needed respraying too..

Lots of damage it only came to £265 to get the hole job done and it looked good!!

Ask for a few quotes... I'm sure you will get that done for £200. If only we could electrically charge our cars when we lock them so any bugger caught keying our cars got a shock!

Hope this gets fixed for little money soon buddy  s:( :( s:(

wotugonado

Cheers for the replies lads, much appreciated. Yeah theres something fundamentally wrong with damaging other peoples property especially cars. If someone has a problem they should knock on my door, and speak to me face to face. Its a real c*nts trick to do this.
Im definitely gonna get a few quotes, like a body shop and smart repair and see how the prices compare.

Dont suppose any body owns a variable speed polisher i could borrow, cuz i reckon the rear panel by the engine lid may polish out.

My biggest annoyance is the fact that it keeps pushing back things that i would like to do to the car. ie refurbing wheels, better brakes, new front wing, spoiler etc  
it just feels like one step forward and two back.

I felt that p*ssed off last night i even contemplated selling her  s:( :( s:(  , then i drove her again this morning and realised this isnt an option.

stargazer30

well Op, look the bright side, could have been worse the little scrote could have stuck a stanley knife through your softtop.  Just as easy and much more expensive to fix properly.  

Will watch this one with interest as my 2 has a nasty similar scratch in the same place.  Looks white like its gone through the paint but I'm told its laquer damage only.  I have been thinking of trying to machine polish it out also.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Anonymous

Its a wierd looking scratch, almost like someone with rivetted jeans leaned against it while doing some "heavy petting".

Curlytoppz

That is gutting. I have used a guy twice in the last few weeks and his work has been perfect and reasonably priced. He is in beeston in nottm. Called Paintology - John 01159222301 if you are still looking for a place.

wotugonado

Hi, yeah I'm still gutted nearly 24 hrs later, thanks for that is he a smart repairer or a body shop ?  As for heavy petting I wish it was just accidental like that, but they did two separate panels. And the way it was parked they had to go out of there way to do them.

Curlytoppz

Barney Bear

while looking on a well known site today
I did come accross a double vent for the dash now stay with me   s:D :D s:D   seller said its off a 2003 grey car he's bracking makes no comment to damage so back end maybe no good but worth a message front end damage just had another look kept item no if you want to cantact him
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

wotugonado

You sir are a star, I will take a look, if I can't find it could you give me the item number pls.  s:D :D s:D

Chilli Girl

Just thought I'd reply and say how sorry I am to see that some b******d has done this to your 2.  I think people are bl**dy jealous of you owning such a nice looker.  It can be a hellish society we live in.  Anyway, just to say sorry to see the damage, I like you would be mortified if that happened to my "Chilli".  What's wrong with people?

Anyway, hope you get it fixed soon.

Chilli Girl.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Jay67

i've got a polisher here in Swindon if you fancy a drive down, might be able to get rid of most of that depending how deep it goes, would at least improve the look for the time being!
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

wotugonado

Nice one mate, that could well be an option. The marks on the back panel (not pictured) have really improved with some t-cutting so i reckon they stand a chance with a polisher. I ve just emailed some guy about some replacement panels and depending how that goes, ill get back to you. Cheers.

Jay67

no probs, send me a pm if you want to give polishing them out a try
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Anonymous

Quote from: "wotugonado"The marks on the back panel (not pictured) have really improved with some t-cutting so i reckon they stand a chance with a polisher.

In that case I would use some G3 compound but use water with it,this can be done by hand.I have removed a really nasty bubbling of lacquer on a bumper from what I guess was brake fluid or something that a mechanic did,I thought it would never come out but you cant tell it was there and Amer has that back bumper on his car at the moment so ask him if he can find it.If you have a variable speed mains drill you can set it to its lowest speed and use it with these:
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6x6-High-Gros ... 1055wt_952 m

wotugonado

Thanks to barney bear for the heads up but unfortunately all the panels have sold  s:( :( s:(  , sable colour panels are like rocking horse poo to get hold of imo, so im back to the repair option. Thanks again for all the help, you lot really are top people, if only we were all neighbours there be no vandalism and some mint cars on the driveways   s:D :D s:D .
I will get some prices and take it from there.
Jay ill let you know either way, thanks for the offer its really good of you.
lob where is the best place to get g3 from ?

Tags: