car paintwork vandalised

Started by wotugonado, June 2, 2012, 21:32

Anonymous

Quote from: "wotugonado"lob where is the best place to get g3 from ?

I get mine off Ebay because I'm lazy and want it delivered but some motorist stores sell them.

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FARECLA-CAR-B ... 500wt_1202 m

Barney Bear

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   at least your honest my excuse was it won't fit in my car   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

did buy some G3 a few weeks but paid £4 more than a well known site so if you can wait sitting at home with a nice cuppa is the better option   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

wotugonado

Well im to impatient, so i ran off upto my local halfords, got mugged to the tune of £14.00 for the privilege of owning a tube of g3 and the foam applicator, at least D!ck turpin wore a bloody mask.
Anyway what is this witchcraft called G3, its bloody amazing !!!!!!!!
The rear scratch has very nearly all but gone, its superb stuff. Its cleaned off quite a few of the lighter scratches on the rear quarter and has made me a lot more optimistic in regards to getting it sorted.
All i can say is cheers for pointing this stuff out to me, im binning the t-cut this stuff is the future  s:D :D s:D
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Treboeth

Glad to see you got this sorted   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  and handy to know for the next time some jealous kn*b takes a swipe!

Anonymous

Quote from: "wotugonado"Well I'm to impatient, so i ran off upto my local halfords, got mugged to the tune of £14.00 for the privilege of owning a tube of g3 and the foam applicator, at least D!ck turpin wore a bloody mask.
Anyway what is this witchcraft called G3, its bloody amazing !!!!!!!!
The rear scratch has very nearly all but gone, its superb stuff. Its cleaned off quite a few of the lighter scratches on the rear quarter and has made me a lot more optimistic in regards to getting it sorted.
All i can say is cheers for pointing this stuff out to me, I'm binning the t-cut this stuff is the future  s:D :D s:D

Don't use it like T-cut every year though as it does take layers of lacquer off so only really use it for removing scratches/blemishes.  s:D :D s:D  It's like a trade secret but I've been singing it's praises for a while.   l viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34248&p=411563&hilit= l

Chris H

Post some piccies up for us,lets see the results........
Bryan,might have to bob over to yours so you can try this on my "2".....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris H"Post some piccies up for us,lets see the results........
Bryan,might have to bob over to yours so you can try this on my "2".....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

That's no drama.  s:D :D s:D

wotugonado

I have nt got a before pic of the rear scratch, but it was fairly substantial. The quarter panel scratches has improved so much I reckon a smart repair will be sufficient to put it back to original condition. Which at first glance of the marks i thought only a body shop could rectify.
If it stops raining ill take some pics. But that g3 is witchcraft   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "wotugonado"I have nt got a before pic of the rear scratch, but it was fairly substantial. The quarter panel scratches has improved so much I reckon a smart repair will be sufficient to put it back to original condition. Which at first glance of the marks i thought only a body shop could rectify.
If it stops raining ill take some pics. But that g3 is witchcraft   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Believe it or not you can sandpaper your bodywork with 2000 grit wet and dry and this stuff will bring it back to a shine,it's also good on the headlights.  s:D :D s:D

wotugonado

lob by the way is a shareholder in the company  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Does it really work on headlights ? cuz i noticed they have marked that too.
Oh i also found out they have scratched my van rear door  s:( :( s:(  , but only very light scratches., ill be using g3 on that too.

Jay67

yup works on headlights too, you'll be getting obsessed with the stuff and stalking round your car searching for the slightest scratch to polish out   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

AckersMR2

I believe the headlights have a UV coating on them to help stop them turning yellow. If you polish it you will remove it resulting in your headlights yellowing faster/more than they have already?
My only car is a Ducati 

Jay67

that's where a UV sealant comes in. Have a search around for diamondite clear plastic armour....think that's the name
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

wotugonado

Quick update, Smart repairer coming out on friday hes going to have a go at mopping it out. All being well i will post pics and give feedback if hes any good. Fingers crossed.

wotugonado

Smart repair chap came out today, he had a go, but the finish is nt what i hoped for, still very visible so i would say a waste of time and money. Went to a body shop that a neighbour recommended, he says he will repair/respray both rear quarters the nearside door and a 2 nd hand nearside front wing panel for £500.00.
Does this sound fair ?
He has done a quality 2 tone respray on a vw van so his work does look good.

Anonymous

well to put it into terms of my bodywork... i had a nasty split in my rear bumper and nasty dent in drivers side quarter panel.

Got the whole lot sanded down and resprayed and repaired - dents and all for £270.

always worth asking more garages for quotes!

Barney Bear

I had my bonnet, front bumper and all 4 inside wheel arch'es, front wings and rear bumper done for £475. 00 and mine was just because of stone chips and other half hitting the rear so to me if the price quoted incs VAT, paint and labour seems fair to me
given you have a dent o two  s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

trickyD

+1 for Farecla G3
Amazing results on the lights and bodywork.
I'm addicted now  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

chris3boro

Is G3 any good for removing the usual '2 headlight cloudiness? Is it effective enough by hand or do you need a proper machine polisher etc? There's also a liquid or paste version (??)   Thanks

Two's Company

Try Meguiars Plast-X on the headlights if doing by hand.  Porter Cable and Megs #80 worked on mine.  Better but not perfect.  I need to buy some 303 aerospace protectant which has UV protection.

AmeR

Quote from: "chris3boro"Is G3 any good for removing the usual '2 headlight cloudiness? Is it effective enough by hand or do you need a proper machine polisher etc? There's also a liquid or paste version (??)   Thanks

It's been a while but G3 is what I used on my old headlights and they came up really well. Have a look at the Headlight-refurb thread:
 l viewtopic.php?t=35252 l

trickyD

Quote from: "chris3boro"Is G3 any good for removing the usual '2 headlight cloudiness? Is it effective enough by hand or do you need a proper machine polisher etc? There's also a liquid or paste version (??)   Thanks

Depends really, it worked on mine because all the damage was on the outside. Some have found water damage on the inside.

Mine was cloudy, scratched and very yellow at the top and are now clear. I wish I took piccies before  s:( :( s:(

I applied three applications per side and may try a fourth. No machine polisher required, this stuff makes them obsolete (IMHO). Took around 5 mins each lens

Couldn't be happier! Cost me around £15-£20 with the applicator.

I really should seal them now
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

chris3boro

Thanks guys-some recommend toothpaste on here (?!)

AmeR

I think the idea is that toothpaste is an abrasive too so could have a similar effect.

It may also be worth giving some consideration to UV sealant, as mentioned on some other threads.

chris3boro

ok thanks  s:) :) s:)

Tags: