I should know better

Started by uktotty, June 9, 2012, 10:38

uktotty

Got in the car last night after 7 days of constant rain and it smelt like a wet dog!
Yes folk, my bins are full of water!
I really should have cleaned the drains before this! OOOPS!

StuC

URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

creamykiwi

these posts are making me nervous - I've not checked mine, and not had a problem before... but my bins are full of STUFF... which might now be damp stuff, lol!

AckersMR2

Quote from: "creamykiwi"which might now be damp stuff, lol!
And floating  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

chris3boro

Quote from: "creamykiwi"these posts are making me nervous - I've not checked mine, and not had a problem before... but my bins are full of STUFF... which might now be damp stuff, lol!

Me too haha, I just checked and all is ok. I will be checking the drains though at some point and making sure they're totally clear!

mrzwei

Quote from: "uktotty"I really should have cleaned the drains before this! OOOPS!

Yes you should!
Go and stand outside of the headteachers office.
100 lines ' I must clean out my drains regularly to avoid soiling my bottom'
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Jay67

tsk tsk and you wanted me to line the bins for you? not until you learn to look after them!
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Anonymous

If you want to do a quick check without pulling the vents off, just open the roof about half way. now you can push in the material just above the drain pockets and look down into them. Even  reach in, clean them out with a flexi kitchen drain rod and some water.  
Ive found allsorts in there, including coins, coke bottles, and a little plastic bag full of green stuff!

uktotty

Quote from: "Jay67"tsk tsk and you wanted me to line the bins for you? not until you learn to look after them!
LOL fair point  s:) :) s:)

onion86

Quote from: "dick2ski"and a little plastic bag full of green stuff!
MR2 drug mule   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

smarty72

If you have a vacuum cleaner that can suck up water too (Vax or similar) I've often thought you could open the roof half way shove the nozzle down and suck out most of the stuff from around the drain.  Parking near trees seem to be the main problem.
current: Astral Black FL

Ex: Forest Green 2003.

lds1973

im a good boy, i did mine last night. Drivers side was clear (ish), passenger side was blocked.

evileye_wrx

Or, just keep your car in the garage and only drive it when its sunny  s8) 8) s8)
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

sh4branze

When mine leak, my rugs behind the seats gets wet.My Cubbys are always dry. If there is a really hard rain the drains can't keep up even if there clean.When Rain is coming I put the cover on.I think a new cloth top is in my future.

Tags: