Wrapped Apex'i

Started by Darth Paul, May 7, 2004, 20:00

Darth Paul

Remember this?

I installed it today and went out for a blast. How I've missed the sound! So far, so good. The lag seems to have gone so it would seem that the heat shield lagging is working.  s:D :D s:D  When I got home I opened the engine bay and the heat was intense. The lagging however was completely cool.  s8) 8) s8)  

Job's a kipper!

DP

Anonymous

Paul,

I'm very encouraged by this  - admittedly slightly ugly looking mod and might give it a go with some flexible radiator backing material I have left over.  It's the stuff you stick on the wall behind the radiator to reflect heat back into the room.

I'll let you know how I get on.   I'd also like to take a pipe of some sort from the side air vent back toi the mouth of the Apexi - any advice?  I have to confess I threw away the heatlshield that came with the Apexi because I couldn't figure out where it was supposed to go and thought it might impede the airflow.  I realise with hindsight that this was a big mistake.

Is there in any collective wisdom on cleaning the filter element yet.  MIne looks pretty dusty and feels a tad muted on responsiveness recently.  I can't believe the hype about never having to clean it.  After 14k miles I think it could do with a flush thruough with a solvent of some sort (meths?)

Cheers

Richard

kanujunkie

here Darth, is that silvered bubble wrap?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Get a roll of silver tap, alalible from wicks etc and cover it all up in that taking the tie wraps off as plastic holds heat!

i know its only a small amount but it's gona look better and it sound like a good reson   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Darth Paul

It's special stuff from Wickes. It's meant for lofts or sommat.

Also I cleaned my filter. First with a clean paint brush to get into all the nookes and crannies, and then blasted it under a tap (outside cause water went everywhere) to clean it. Left it to dry overnight on a radiator.

Anonymous

Bugger   s:!: :!: s:!:  

I got all excited then as i thought you had gift wrapped it for me     s:? :? s:?

Tags: