Blitz R-VIT

Started by Anonymous, May 9, 2004, 10:27

Anonymous

Have just installed the R-VIT which gives you various readings directly from the OB2 port so consequently the stock ECU, one of these is air intake temp.  (If you have a Nissan then it will also give you inlet manifold temp, but unfortunately we dont have that facility  s:-( :-( s:-(  )

I have a seperate air temp sensor/meter that I was going to install after the aquamist , but was wondering where in the system the ECU gets its temp reading from?

I cant see how it would get temp from the air flow sensor by the filter so any ideas where we have an air temp sensor as stock?

any suggestions much appreciated???

SteveJ

The stock ECU gets its temp reading from the MAF module - you can see the bead thermistor to one side of the air-flow venturi (the air flow wires are hidden down the side of the venturi)

HTH

Anonymous

Thats sound steve!  that means I can monitor the temp before and after the aquamist/IC and see how efficient thay are  :-) :-) :-)

cheers dude!

Sam

Any thoughts on what sort of readings you would get from this with a Unichip fitted. Reason being I thought the unichip basically modifies the parameters going into the stock ECU.
Basically what I am asking is would you get true figures out of this with any sort of piggyback chip fitted?   s:? :? s:?
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Anonymous

The unichip wouldnt alter any of the outputs you would be using from the R-Vit, the effects of any changes it made would be shown on the r-vit as the readings

Chris

so the r-vit acts like a pda logger device that others have got byt the sounds of it..

Did you need to get a uk specific version, as isn't the jap obd different?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Dont know if it was UK specific or not as such. bought it from racelogic who are the main UK blitz dealer and all works fine  :-) :-) :-)

MRMike

Perry how have you installed your Blitz? where have you run the cables for instance back to the ECU?

I know it won't show inlet manifold, but is there anything else that can't be displayed specifically on the Roadster?

Lastly can it read fault codes? or does it merely provide real time info on the preset categories?

I'm thinking of investing...

Cheers,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Quote from: "MRMike"Perry how have you installed your Blitz? where have you run the cables for instance back to the ECU?

I know it won't show inlet manifold, but is there anything else that can't be displayed specifically on the Roadster?

Lastly can it read fault codes? or does it merely provide real time info on the preset categories?

I'm thinking of investing...

Cheers,

Mike

Installing it is the joy of this unit, you just plug it into the OB2 connector under the dash on the drivers side, all the reading come directly through that port.

Yes it does display fault codes if you get a CEL

I use mine for air inlet temp, a/f ratio, water temp,  I dont display any other of the options because I have my greddy profec E01 for most of those anyway.  
The air inlet temp is particuarly useful for me as I have a temp probe near the plenum as well, so I can see a direct comparrison between temps at the maf and after the turbo and aquamist.

MRMike

Thanks for the reply Perry, I assumed te OBD jack would be by the ECU, as it's in the front that's even better.  Does it come with any sort of a stand, mounting bracket etc?

Thanks in advance
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

As far as I remember no,  but cant be sure. I fitted mine to a standard phone kit bracket (with halfords trim tape) so that it sits to the left of the temp controls.

I should add that I havnt had a CEL since I've fitted it, so I'm only saying what it says ref fault codes in the accompanying gumph (as your thinking of spending, dont want it on my head   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

MRMike

Where did you say you lived Perry?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  No that's great thanks for the info, If I can get a good deal on one I'll get one.  Blitz seem to only have a few main dealers, so it's proving difficult!

Cheers,

Mike

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: