Started by alfajerry, June 17, 2012, 21:06

alfajerry

Any suggestions on waterproof luggage?

Many thanks.
Jerry

Anonymous

I use a waterproof suitcase

Gif

Me too.  Storm case if I need it.  Damned expensive though so you don't want to leave it on there cos mine's worth more than the contents   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

Steve Green

I've got some heavy duty poly bags used by Customs and Excise to store their seized goods (stash).
Big enough to fit a couple of suitcases in easily. Just dont do it up with brown tape.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

alfajerry

Thanks guys, I want it to look OK when in place so no poly bags and tape.
Any links to waterproof cases cheaper than those Peli ones?
Jerry

uktotty

alfajerry

Quote from: "uktotty"http://lmgtfy.com/?q=waterproof+suitcase

>>Was that so hard?

I was looking for a personal recommendation backed by experience, obviously anyone can bring up a list of websites.
Jerry

uktotty

Well apologies but 95% of us don't use a rack
The ones that do have offered you a Pelicase for stupid money and plastic bags and zero money neither of which were suitable for you.
I though that Google may have been your best bet

alfajerry

>>Well apologies but 95% of us don't use a rack

Hence the title of the thread.
Jerry

Anonymous

This one never got wet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Anonymous

m http://www.tesco.com/direct/glimmer-med ... __203-3398 m

might be worth it for the price. should keep out the rain.

alfajerry

Quote from: "Les"This one never got wet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Hi Les,
Is that any particular make/model?
Jerry

Gif

Quote from: "rbuckingham"should keep out the rain.
70 mph head of water in a thunderstorm?  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  My suitcase got water in it standing on the tarmac at the airport   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

Anonymous

Quote from: "alfajerry"
Quote from: "Les"This one never got wet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Hi Les,
Is that any particular make/model?

Sorry I don't, It was a long time ago when we just used to use it for trips to the airport, Anne & I have got packing for our road trips off to a fine art without the need for a boot rack   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

lemans

Hi

I use a waterproof rucksac cover over any suitcase. This keeps everything nice and dry and hides what kind of suitcase you have.

Daryl
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

Goeman

I bought one of these.
 m http://www.musto.com/fcp/product/Outdoo ... black-grey m

I found that it fits nicely behind the passenger seat so I don't bother with the rack other than for carrying wheels to trackdays. It's thin, takes a fair amount of luggage and it's guaranteed waterproof. You could probably fit two on a rack if you wanted to. There's no handles or wheels or anything so not great to carry around.
Russell

alfajerry

Nice piece of kit but we need to be able to use as a conventional suitcase while 'on tour'.
Jerry

Tags: