What is it worth ??

Started by xsarahx, June 21, 2012, 16:46

xsarahx

Its nothing but a thought at the moment but ive been toying with the idea of changing the car (possibly for a Honda S2000)
I have looked around at selling prices for Roadsters but just wanted other peoples opinions on what mine may be worth.
Details are as follows -

54 plate Sable Red Edition, 91k miles
Im the second owner,
Full service history with ALL stamps (some Toyota)
MOT until sept 13, Tax until April 13
New discs and pads, good tyres
Roof, paintwork/body is in very good condition, always been garaged and those of you that know me know how obsessive i am with making sure the car is spotless ! That goes for the engine too, it runs perfectly, The only negative thing i can pick out is the stone chips, but we all have those right ?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  But in all honesty its the only bad point about the car.

So any thoughts or opinions are welcome   s:) :) s:)

Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

chris3boro

Lovely car! Best bet is to look on the usual sites and see what similar spec'd 2's are advertised for, give you a guide perhaps, see what the 'competition' are asking for theirs  s:) :) s:)

xsarahx

Thank you,  I have been looking around but the prices seem to vary quite alot   s:? :? s:?
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

Anonymous

You could send a PM to dangermooser or manchestermatt who both work in the trade. They can give you the Glasses Guide prices.

Id have a go in the S2000 before you sell yours. You might be surprised. Yours is a beaut.

mrzwei

The guy across the road from me has got an S2000 and there's no doubt that it's a quality piece of kit. I think it has won some 'most reliable car' awards or something, in the past.

Having gone from mid engine rwd to front engine rwd myself, I would agree with D!ck. Handling wise the 2 is a difficult act to follow. Try before you buy.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

dj2k21

Mrzwei after driving my uncles 2000 I have to say all round a nice car, though very twitchy in the wet and surprisingly not as fast as you think. Infact on the same (private road) I managed to squeeze 5mph more from my Mams del sol than the s2000 before my breaking point. Food for thought I think. My uncle also has a hardtop for his which is nice and there is plenty of tuning available for the F20 motor. So ur probs right about the reliability thing. Hondas don't often break down in my experience.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Stephster

I too was interested in the S200, UNTIL the neighbour's daughter's boyfriend let me have a go in his...

It goes like sh*t off a stick in an alarming way. Performance wise you have to rev the arse off it though to get the best out of it.

My real issue was the aforementioned twitchiness though. It didn't feel as planted as the 2, and I didn't feel as safe in it. It does sound lovely though when you open it up.
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

dj2k21

Agreed vtec sounds nice, and if you can handle a rear wheel drive well they very easy to get sideways (in a safe environment ofcourse) but I really didn't think there as quick as others think, unless I was driving it wrong, I did recline it in each gear though
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Stephster

Despite were you live, you obviously didn't drive it like you had twoc'ed it...  s;) ;) s;)
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !

Gif

Quote from: "Stephster"you have to rev the arse off it though to get the best out of it
Have I missed something or have I been driving my 2 the wrong way   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

Stephster

On a side note.... the neighbour's daughter's boyfriend, has apparently put an S2000 engine inside an old style mini. I have seen said mini, he appears to have lowered it too.

xsarahx

Thanks for all your thoughts, i will be defo be having a go of one before i make any decisions, but there is still one question left unanswered, which was also the original question........what is my car roughly worth ?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

FGrob

Quote from: "xsarahx"Thanks for all your thoughts, i will be defo be having a go of one before i make any decisions, but there is still one question left unanswered, which was also the original question........what is my car roughly worth ?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
As much as someone is prepared to pay  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

mrzwei

Parkers says around 3 grand private.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.

kentsmudger

Quote from: "dj2k21"I did recline it in each gear though
You have a relaxed driving style?

s:D :D s:D
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

9000 revs is pretty impressive though.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

dj2k21

Lmaoooooo I meant redline it haha stupid iPad lol

Oh and steph don't worry I drove it very hard lol, only way to test a car isn't it.  s:) :) s:)

xsarahx

Quote from: "mrzwei"Parkers says around 3 grand private.

I have seen 2's for sale with around the same mileage as mine for sale anything from 3k to 5k, so it seems anything goes   s:? :? s:?

mrzwei

The condition of yours looks above 'book value' but it depends upon how badly you want to sell it. I sold mine (02) two years ago for 3 grand and he sold it on within a week for 4.

If you want a quick sale then I'd start at 4, but it's a bag of nails at the end of the day.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

wotugonado

I looked at one like yours around march time this year, they wanted £4500.00 for it, it did have side skirts, spoiler and a style bar, so imo around £3600.00-£3700.00 would be a good starting point for yours, which looks a real nice motor btw. Or let em drive it first then name your price  s:) :) s:)  once it test driven they ll be hooked.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

xsarahx

I dont need a quick sale, infact i dont even want to see it go at all    s:( :( s:(    I can wait all day long for the right money, whoever buys it will be very happy with it i guarantee, i just hope i will be happy with an S2K and not pining for the 2'   s:? :? s:?  or i will be straight back on here looking for another one !

Two's Company

I'd start at 3995 and be prepared to take 3500. Go on vauxhall website to get a free glasses guide valuation.

2 of the left

I wouldn't part with the 2 - especially for the Honda S2000(A highly over rated machine IMO)It's heavy in weight and insurance and when driving it - it feels like you are driving a saloon job!!- You have to more or less floor it to get a response!! -It just doesn't hold a candle to the 2 for driving satisfaction  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

xsarahx

Quote from: "Two's Company"I'd start at 3995 and be prepared to take 3500. Go on vauxhall website to get a free glasses guide valuation.

Just did the valuation it came back with Private sale price from £4,124.00 to £4,614.00 which sounds good to me ! Obviously that will be adjusted with the mileage etc...

The only thing with the S2K is the HUGE bonnet it has going on ! So just out of interest what cars would you say have the fun factor and handling of the MR2 ?

mrzwei

Quote from: "xsarahx"I dont need a quick sale, infact i dont even want to see it go at all    s:( :( s:(    I can wait all day long for the right money, whoever buys it will be very happy with it i guarantee, i just hope i will be happy with an S2K and not pining for the 2'   s:? :? s:?  or i will be straight back on here looking for another one !

If that's the case then price it high (4999).
Lots of pics and lots of web sites plus a notice on the car.
When summer eventually comes, park it outside with the roof down and the price on it.

Guess who bought the 2 on the hottest day of the year   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I really tried all of my best sales techniques to get the price down but he said I'll never live it down in the staff room if I reduce the price today   s:D :D s:D  .
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

Tags: