What is it worth ??

Started by xsarahx, June 21, 2012, 16:46

FGrob

Quote from: "xsarahx"
Quote from: "Two's Company"I'd start at 3995 and be prepared to take 3500. Go on vauxhall website to get a free glasses guide valuation.

Just did the valuation it came back with Private sale price from £4,124.00 to £4,614.00 which sounds good to me ! Obviously that will be adjusted with the mileage etc...
I normally try the "We Buy" site to get a bottom book price, then price up from there.

I've driven a s2000 last year, nice car to drive but a lot of work to get any fun out of it.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

2 of the left

Quote from: "xsarahx"
Quote from: "Two's Company"I'd start at 3995 and be prepared to take 3500. Go on vauxhall website to get a free glasses guide valuation.

Just did the valuation it came back with Private sale price from £4,124.00 to £4,614.00 which sounds good to me ! Obviously that will be adjusted with the mileage etc...

The only thing with the S2K is the HUGE bonnet it has going on ! So just out of interest what cars would you say have the fun factor and handling of the MR2 ?
NONE!!!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

AckersMR2

Quote from: "xsarahx"what cars would you say have the fun factor and handling of the MR2 ?
This possibly might come close?
My only car is a Ducati 

Two's Company

In my experience when selling cars privately you get closer to
The trade price than the private price listed in the guides.

Anonymous

Either the lotus or the vxr. Both are alot more in price so for me being tight then I would stick with the 2.

onion86

My 55 with 66k on it was £4500, but I bought that in December, yours has quite a lot more mileage but summer is coming up and there's the extra allure of the 'Red', so with a few factors taken into account I don't see why you couldn't get £4k for it.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

K T M Rider

Quote from: "xsarahx"what cars would you say have the fun factor and handling of the MR2 ?

MR2 ?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

dcod

VX220

Lotus elise

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

chris3boro

As above, vx220 or elise. Why exactly are you selling though? Was it just that you fancied an s2000,or is there a reason you no longer want the 2? You need to drive these cars and see what does it for you and weigh up if it's worth the change

xsarahx

The only reason is because i have always wanted an S2K and just fancied a change with more power and still want rwd, I also want to stay jap so the S2K fits the bill.
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

Anonymous

Good luck with it Sarah. Just watch out for the road tax. I think the 05 on cars might be in the £400+ per year bracket, just like RX8s.

onion86

Remember reading insurance on them is a bit ridiculous too. Definitely nice cars though  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

bap_swcc

Just my 2 cents..Don't be too put off by the fact you have to rev it to get anything out of it, I had a VTEC for 10 years (delsol), and the whole fun of driving a VTEC is the huge rev range. You get used to knowing how to drive it properly 'on cam' as they say, driven properly it's great for forever putting a grin on your face.

Always wanted an S2000 too, driven a few but bought a roadster as a stop gap, but found I loved the Mr2 and now bought a second one and going 2zz instead  s:) :) s:)  If you want to go for it advertise it just above the price you would be happy to sell it for and hold out.
The Notorious B.A.P.
2004 Black 2zz - I believe in lift power!! (although I do miss the quality woosh of a turbo)

xsarahx

I was under the impression tax was £270 a year ?? if im wrong and £400 is correct i may be forced to reconsider !

From the insurance quotes i have done its about £100 a year more than what i pay for my 2', but i will definatly be double checking on the price of tax. Thanks for that tip !
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

AmeR

£220-£460, currently.
Depends on the year you buy as they made them from '99 - pre the silly rules brought in in '01. It's what stopped me going for something like a 350Z as they fall in to silly rules and I wasn't running one with that kind of tax each year!!!

*Edit:  m http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/f ... ing-costs/ m

smarty72

I think this thread is highlighting what great value for money the MR2 is! There's not much else out there that offers such a rewarding drive with such low running costs.

So just to recap on what's been established so far. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to tax, more economical, equally as good to drive (arguably) and definately has a better owners club.

Just remind me why your looking for an S2000?   s:D :D s:D  

Oh, almost forgot, you already have a great looking 2!
current: Astral Black FL

Ex: Forest Green 2003.

K T M Rider

Quote from: "smarty2072"equally as good to drive (arguably)

Very arguably - back in 2000, Evo rated the MR2 a way better sports car than the S2000. I don't think they started to like the S2 till about 2004, which is getting close to the road tax hikes   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Whatever you think about the opinions of spoiled journos, it seems that due to alot of revisions by Honda and tax meddling by HM Govt. buying an S2000 is not exactly straightforward.

Suppose it depends what you want - go early and you still get a boot and more power than the '2', with the same road tax

K T M Rider

xsarahx

Quote from: "smarty2072"I think this thread is highlighting what great value for money the MR2 is! There's not much else out there that offers such a rewarding drive with such low running costs.

So just to recap on what's been established so far. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to tax, more economical, equally as good to drive (arguably) and definately has a better owners club.

Just remind me why your looking for an S2000?   s:D :D s:D  

Oh, almost forgot, you already have a great looking 2!

Hmm.....The 2' is a very hard act to follow, what ever i get next will have some pretty big boots to fill !

It leaves me wondering why they stopped making them, DAMN YOU MR T   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

KTM_RIDER - Thank you for that link, very helpful indeed   s:) :) s:)

NorthandSouth

I traded my 04 Red Edition last August and got £3,800 for it   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

As previously said ....it's worth as much as someone will pay for it   s:D :D s:D
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

AmeR

What's a boot to fill!?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Bekatee

Quote from: "xsarahx"Hmm.....The 2' is a very hard act to follow, what ever i get next will have some pretty big boots to fill !

It leaves me wondering why they stopped making them, DAMN YOU MR T   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

+1   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   ...Honda no longer make the S2000 either!!!   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:   ...what is it with them?!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Yours looks like a fantastic example of a 2, if you do decide to reconsider... if not, all the best with the sale - i'm sure someone will snap it up fairly fast!! (secretly wish i could...)
Ex owner, but forever an enthusiast ;) ...Sold, but never forgotton \":)\"

Tags: