1st Weekend Away :)

Started by AckersMR2, June 26, 2012, 00:00

AckersMR2

Got back today from our first weekend away in our 2. We went down to Cornwall for a long weekend and here's some of the things I've learnt along the way:
1. There's plenty of storage room in a 2 for a weekend away.
2. The 2 is useless for seeing over the hedgerows as you approach junctions  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
3. Keep a hat in the car  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  ouch!
4. Got 43.5mpg  s:) :) s:)
5. The Atlantic Highway (or it's less romantic name of the A39) is a great road for the 2  s:) :) s:)
6. Don't believe everything you read on Tripadvisor!  s:) :) s:)
7. There are loads of wind turbines, and their massive when you get up close!

A couple pics of our weekend......
Tintagel

Untitled by Aki_Z1000, on Flickr

Bude

Padstow (Padstein)

And we got home in time today for me to fit a new (to me) exhaust and an AEM induction kit  s:) :) s:)

My only car is a Ducati 

ChrisGB

Sounds like a nice trip. Cannot get the pictures to display here?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

AckersMR2

I posted the pics through Tapatalk, never had a problem before so not sure why their not hosting properly now? Anyhow re done through Flickr  s:) :) s:)
My only car is a Ducati 

mr mr2

Glad you had a nice time me and my wife have just been away for a week in cornwall and devon in the 2 I loved it apart from re packing the car in the rain lol
Excelsior

chris3boro

Great pics, what did you use to capture the panoramic shots with? Bet youre loving the new sound off the tte and aem!?

AckersMR2

Quote from: "chris3boro"Great pics, what did you use to capture the panoramic shots with? Bet youre loving the new sound off the tte and aem!?
I used an app on my iPhone called Panorama, it's ok and it's free but you can usually see a little ghosting in the middle where it joins the images and the pics are not very high res, it's not as good as the Panorama that is now built into the latest version of Android.
There may be a better paid for one available?
Only fitted the exhaust and Hoover yesterday so not had a chance to blast it with the roof down but it certainly sounds better than stock and not too loud when your just cruising along.  s:) :) s:)
My only car is a Ducati 

dcod

Exhaust looks great. Much better.

Went to Padstow a few years ago, lovely place.

Fantastic sunset pic.   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

AckersMR2

Thanks, just need to trim my nappy now to allow for the other pipe  s:) :) s:)
I know a lot of people take them off through choice but i'm quite happy with the look with it in place.
What a palaver getting the old exhaust out! Sure it would have been easier if the tailpipe hadn't bonded/rusted itself to the back box!
As for the instructions that came with the AEM kit, their weren't worth the paper they were printed on either  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  clearly these people have never tried following their own instructions when fitting one of these kits!
My only car is a Ducati 

puma2

good pics there, well done. did you take any of the 2 before and packed  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: