Got to be the best secondhand2 out there?

Started by AckersMR2, June 27, 2012, 22:45

AckersMR2

Surfing around eBay as you do, I spotted this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-TOYOTA-MR2-ROADSTER-VVTI-SILVER-/120938583730?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c288056b2#ht_500wt_922

Got to be the best condition secondhand 2 outside of a Toyota Museum?
(Apart from FGRob's of coarse  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
My only car is a Ducati 

Anonymous

Treboeth

Ackers is he serious 757miles!

Must have driven it to the garage for mot and service then straight back home  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

AckersMR2

I saw that one too, and I thought my idea of moving the front number plate and de badging the bumper was original  s:( :( s:(   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I guess pretty much everything's been done to the 2 by someone somewhere by now?
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

Quote from: "Treboeth"Ackers is he serious 757miles!

Must have driven it to the garage for mot and service then straight back home  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
Out of shear curiosity I looked on google maps and the nearest Toyota dealer is 20 miles away so 280 of those miles have been going to the dealers and back each year for a service and mot, although there is no mention of a service history so maybe it's still waiting to reach the mileage for its first service  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Does make you wonder wether ultra low mileage cars like this are just a problem waiting to happen as soon as someone starts driving it properly? My stepmum had an 86' XR3i from new and in 10yrs only covered 28k miles in it, when I bought it off her wear and tear items all had to be replaced just through shear lack of use, and it got through loads of exhaust boxes because they used to condensate and rot from the inside. Then there's the issue of stale fuel, condensation inside the engine mixing with the oil etc?
My only car is a Ducati 

donnac

Quote from: "life of bryan"How about this one:  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-RO ... 112wt_1185 m

I like this one   s8) 8) s8)
2002 Blue Roadster

FGrob

Even I couldn't do that low a mileage,  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   but as long as the serivce has been completed every year in accordance the service procedure the car should be fine. The thing is any car can sit in a garage (no air con etc) un-used but it will still form condensation on the chassis / suspension etc and if no protection, other than standard is given to it then it will have some corrosion forming.

I do know someone in the in the Drivers club who has a MK1 that's only done 700 miles from new and also he brought a MK3 TF new and that's only done a few hundred miles, they are both garaged and live in Carcoons   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Rob
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

loadswine

That 750 miler looks superb, but that bronze one looks iffy apart from the nice new paint. Decent colour though.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

AckersMR2

Quote from: "loadswine"but that bronze one looks iffy apart from the nice new paint. Decent colour though.
I was quite impressed with the mechanic though  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

dcod

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "loadswine"but that bronze one looks iffy apart from the nice new paint. Decent colour though.
I was quite impressed with the mechanic though  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I'm glad my mechanic doesn't work with his moobs hanging out. Not sure about the colour, reminds me of the 70's.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Steve Green

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Surfing around eBay as you do, I spotted this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-TOYOTA-MR2-ROADSTER-VVTI-SILVER-/120938583730?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c288056b2#ht_500wt_922

Got to be the best condition secondhand 2 outside of a Toyota Museum?
(Apart from FGRob's of coarse  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Am I about to make a fool of myself?
I thought all facelift cars were 6 speed, this one is 5 speed?
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

AckersMR2

Quote from: "Steve Green"I thought all facelift cars were 6 speed, this one is 5 speed?

Having only done 757m they probably don't even know its got a 6th gear  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

Quote from: "dcod"reminds me of the 70's.

I'm sure I've seen that colour somewhere before?...............
Oh yeah now I remember  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

dcod

Yeah, that's the sort of thing ... it also reminds me of the run-about I used while waiting for my new 2 to be delivered ...

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

dj2k21

My mates grandad has an Aston Martin DB9 with less than 300 miles on it, he bought it brand new for probably about £100k or whatever. When he took it for its first mot last year he was given a £13k bill to get it through its test due to lack of use all kinds needed doing, new brake lines, new brakes, new tyres as they had flat spotted due to being sat lol. Fuel system flushed through etc etc. not good.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

celmacmat

Quote from: "FGrob"I do know someone in the in the Drivers club who has a MK1 that's only done 700 miles from new and also he brought a MK3 TF new and that's only done a few hundred miles, they are both garaged and live in Carcoons   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Rob
You beat me to it Rob, I was about to mention him   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

alfajerry

What's he doing in the DRIVERS club?
Jerry

FGrob

Quote from: "alfajerry"What's he doing in the DRIVERS club?
Sitting behind the wheel and that's it.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

AckersMR2

Quote from: "FGrob"
Sitting behind the wheel and that's it.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I'm sure he makes Brum, Brum noises too?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

FGrob

Quote from: "FGrob"
I'm sure he makes Brum, Brum noises too?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I think he's from Manchester   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

The last time I saw the MK1 was at Tatton Park and it  spiss piss spiss ed down on it.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

K T M Rider

the MR2 looks alot more orangey than that to me - personally I think it looks superb in the pic with the hardtop.

I didn't particularly think 'seventies' when I saw it, though the colour of the ultra low miler certainly reminds me of every decade since   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

AckersMR2

I didn't say I didn't like it, I just agreed orange is a colour of the 70's, along with browns and bright greens, it does look nice with the black roof, windscreen surround and wheels, I'll give it that. Didn't Honda do the S2000 in that colour too?
Oh and obviously the re placement of the number plate and the rebadged look is superb! (I might be biased  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

As for silver, I don't know I just can't get my head round it looking good on anything but a German car for some reason?
My only car is a Ducati 

Tags: