KYB v Stock v BC Coilovers/Tein Coilovers

Started by nathanMR2, July 2, 2012, 12:03

Goeman

I don't know about KW but in about a week and a half I'll be picking up a brand new set of HSD Monopro for my little MR2. Should make my car a lot more comfortable to drive than my Gaz Gold.
Russell

jonty

Quote from: "Goeman"I don't know about KW but in about a week and a half I'll be picking up a brand new set of HSD Monopro for my little MR2. Should make my car a lot more comfortable to drive than my Gaz Gold.

As I'm sure you know I'll be interested to hear your views Russell!

Goeman

My shiny HSD MonoPro inverted monotube coilovers.
Front...

and rear.
Russell

chris3boro

shiny!!

Smeggers

Just fitted (on new years day) the KYB/Tein shocks/springs with the whiteline ARB's. Must say i'm very impressed thus far. Much more grip front and rear with considerably less body roll. The car just feels more settled when driving in a slightly spirited fashion.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Surprisingly she is also riding the bumps in a more composed manner as well. Although it's still a little crashy on some of the potholes (trying to avoid them is rather fun) but maybe a underbody brace and FMB might help out a little more.

... btw are there any of the Mattperformance underbody braces still hanging around from the GB?   s:) :) s:)

StuC

You can still buy Matt's brace direct from him I think.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Smeggers

Big thanks to Matt for supplying the brace, despite having some issues with paypal/bank.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Also just as an opinion after over a month on the Teins, now they have fully settled i think they might be just a little too harsh for the KYB excel g's. On the rather rutted roads we have, i think it may be worth popping on the TRD springs when the chance arises to try and soften the suspension up a tiny bit and give the car a little bit more room to travel as the teins have dropped the car but about 4.5 cm ....

loadswine

I've tried various lowering springs, TTE, FK and currently Teins. I've not found the ride varies much between them. The FK's in combination with the KYB Excel Gs felt a small amount harsher on the rough stuff, compared to stock, but I felt the added control was worth it. I'm not sure a change of spring will help, unless you pop the stock items on, really.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: