Busy Weekend

Started by uktotty, July 2, 2012, 12:35

uktotty

So with CAE coming up, it was time to get some bits done on the car.

Fitted the mudflaps

Did some work on a sub, covered it, wired it and stuck it in.

Fitted that brace that custard has had in his garage for 2 years!! (well OK he fitted it for me)

And to top it off, I bought some 1.8m x 1.2x . 0.6m Racking for the garage to start that tidying project off!!
Together with a load of matching, stacking boxes of course

scipio

So does that sub fill the whole luggage compartment behind the seats?  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  
 Faaaarrrk!  s:!: :!: s:!:  
 At best - thorough massage to rattle your teeth...at worst - blow your brains out!  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  
You won't have any problems listening to your tunes with the hood down - not with that lot behind you!  s:D :D s:D
Scipio

[size=85]Getaway - 2001 Silver H/Top - TRD  Twin Exhaust - TRD Chip - Gutted Pre-cats - Red Calipers - J-Spec badge[/size]

[size=85]Breakaway - 2008 Silver Hilux 3.0 D4-D Raider Double Cab[/size]

uktotty

Sub fills one cubby, other one is empty and it's only a 10" sub

markiii

why the holes in the sub box Russ?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

Quote from: "markiii"why the holes in the sub box Russ?
Because subs work by moving air, if the box is silicone sealed around all the joints which mine is, then the air gets pushed out of the holes creating the boom.

markiii

That only works if you properly port it though, not randomly drill holes
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

Ahh, well I went with small holes so I could add more to increase the flow, if I had made a huge one, I couldn't fill it back in later

markiii

But a port is more than just a hole, it needs to be properly calculated along with the box volume, and it needs the tube, though tbh your better off with a sealed enclosure if you want tight well defined bass rather than outright volume

uktotty

oh well, you live and learn, it sounded crap as a sealed box, my mate said make some holes LOL!

markiii

Was the sealed version properly sized?

Tags: