We are spoilt! (A general appreciation thread!)

Started by chris3boro, July 6, 2012, 22:35

revi001

After years building and driving Kit Cars, It took just one drive in the 2, and guess what no more Kit cars for me, love it.   s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Standard as is.

shnazzle

Bought out first black 02 plate MR2 on impulse. Fell in love with it! Spent over 900 pounds sprucing it up before deciding to bite the bullet and buy a newer 05 plate. Full intention to keep this one for a very very long time.
What a car
...neutiquam erro.

angryman

I was looking in a local garage two years ago for a small car for my daughter( new driver)when  I spotted in the corner of the forecourt a shiny blue 2 , I was drawn to it,i cant really explain it, it was such a handsome looking car and I heard a voice in my head ( only the once mind!!) say, " I will end up with one of them in the near future"

and I did, second one ive owned and I would not be without it, such fun!!!

its everything you want it to be, it can scare you and delight you , the feedback from its every moving part is excellent, I could not find a better car for the money.

55 plate sable. its never missed a beat or lost a drop of oil since ive owned it. it carried myself and swmbo through france and across to stelvio pass last year, frunk was loaded with shoes , and bins were stuffed but it held everything we needed for 10 days and approx. 2800 miles of spirited driving.

I did eventually buy daughter a Toyota aygo , she asked me to get her a reliable car!!!!!.

she has driven my 2 but she says its too "racey and revvy" I don't know what she means?

Ardent

Been an owner for nearly six months. Counting back, some would say, the wrong six months. But I would disagree.
Was not looking for a 2 at all, actually an Alfa spyder 3.0 v6. Wrong time of year to buy a spyder as they had dried up. So ended up with a 2 instead.
As luck would have it, knowing '0' about them, I stumbled upon the one I have, as it was close by, nothing more searching than that. Turned out to be a desireable sable with matching H/top, A/C, leather heated bum warmers, tte zorst, bod kit etc. minimal paperwork but at this age I go with overall condition.

Turned out to be  cracking litlle motor. Even though I still count myself as a newbie, boy are these cars underated.
Yes you can be out dragged by an oil burner, such is the straight line performance, but and it is big BUT, introduce the mereset whiff of a bend and the thing comes alive.
It is as though the engineers behind this had never seen a straight road and built it solely for the purpose of going round bends. They nailed it. Are there better cornering cars? Yes. Are there better cornering cars at this price point? I doubt it.

With the weather begining to warm up and the roads with it, a bit of extra traction  was available over the weekend. Things just get better and better!
With no show boating or other unsavoury antics, it just went about its business and left everything in it's wake.
Even with the comparatively low bhp, it was as if the cars behind had selected reverse on my favorite B roads.
Where others are braking, I find myself asking why? but then, they were not in a 2.

Somewhere on this forum someone had recommended a book by Vic Elford, Porsche Performance driving. (I doff my cap sir)
Obtained a copy via the Bay of E. I can now second that recommendation. (learnt a lot)

This is the first mid engined car I have owned and treated it with the respect it deserves. But following Vics advice I am now better equipped to get more out of it than before.
It is not about being gung ho and getting the tail out, but quite the opposite.
It is all about poise and balance. As Vic says, Smoothness.

Get that right and the 2 rewards like little else.

Such is the balance of the 2 I find I can really feel the difference when the H/top comes off. The shedding of 20kg from the top really makes itself felt. The 2 becomes even more go kart like.

As you may have worked out by now, I am one happy bunny.

Tags: