We are spoilt! (A general appreciation thread!)

Started by chris3boro, July 6, 2012, 22:35

chris3boro

My fiancee has a Yaris (its been reliable beyond belief, good on fuel and is just a great 'car' all round) of course, it is just a car not exactly exciting.
When i have been driving that and I get in to the 2, I drive all of about 30 yards and think 'ooohh yes!' because you instantly are reminded why it's so good...immediacy. The immediacy of the clutch,gears,steering, its all active and happening right now. Its easy to get used to this immediacy but Im sure all of us who often drive 'normal' cars, such as our yaris,can confirm to others that you are reminded of the difference every time you get back in the 2, and you cant help but smile or, like me, actually giggle out loud as you set off!

celmacmat

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"My relationship with my '2 (short, but passionate) can be summed up in 2 words:

"Lesbian Mechophillia"

I have tried to decide just what it is i love about driving her and why 90% of other cars feel like driving a bar of soap through a sock filled with custard in comparison.
And I have come to the conclusion that its all about how connected i feel to her when I'm driving.
The engine just behind the seat, the feedback throught the cushion, the noise, the response from steering input, the reply from the pedals...all makes me feel like she's part of me.

I don't care she has less carrying capacity than my husband's triumph.
I don't care she's not quite the most fuel efficient (even whilst tryign to save for a mortgage).
I don't care the flies hit the front so hard they are almost impssoble to get off.
I don't care she's not the newest of the new.

She's mine and I love her
  s:-D :-D s:-D
I like the fact that your car is a she... my three previous cars were yellow and they were all "she", but now I have a black one, suddenly it is a "he", don't know why though, I just thought Maurice was a great name for it...

But I digress, sorry back on topic.
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "celmacmat"
Quote from: "jinxedkitten"My relationship with my '2 (short, but passionate) can be summed up in 2 words:

"Lesbian Mechophillia"

I have tried to decide just what it is i love about driving her and why 90% of other cars feel like driving a bar of soap through a sock filled with custard in comparison.
And I have come to the conclusion that its all about how connected i feel to her when I'm driving.
The engine just behind the seat, the feedback throught the cushion, the noise, the response from steering input, the reply from the pedals...all makes me feel like she's part of me.

I don't care she has less carrying capacity than my husband's triumph.
I don't care she's not quite the most fuel efficient (even whilst tryign to save for a mortgage).
I don't care the flies hit the front so hard they are almost impssoble to get off.
I don't care she's not the newest of the new.

She's mine and I love her
  s:-D :-D s:-D
I like the fact that your car is a she... my three previous cars were yellow and they were all "she", but now I have a black one, suddenly it is a "he", don't know why though, I just thought Maurice was a great name for it...

But I digress, sorry back on topic.

Going to start a new thread about car names  s:D :D s:D
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "chris3boro"you instantly are reminded why it's so good...immediacy. The immediacy of the clutch,gears,steering, its all active and happening right now. Its easy to get used to this immediacy but I'm sure all of us who often drive 'normal' cars, such as our yaris,can confirm to others that you are reminded of the difference every time you get back in the 2, and you cant help but smile or, like me, actually giggle out loud as you set off!

Immediacy, yes, that instant responseiveness!   s:D :D s:D
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

simers

I am a fairly new "2" owner...have had rear wheel drives before particularly BMW's and by far the 2 is the best i have driven...The power to weight ratio is fantastic for such a small car but the only fault i find wit it is when the roads are wet it doesn't like roundabouts...the front just keeps pushin on rather than steering in...other than that i find the car faultless...very economical for a 1.8 very responsive power wise...when you want to pass out the power is just there...it turns heads everywhere i go...it looks like a mini ferrari as a guard over here said ta me one day when he pulled me for no number plate on the front and i laughed...great little car and i dont think i will ever get rid of it...just need more power now next lol
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

K T M Rider

Quote from: "simers"the only fault i find wit it is when the roads are wet it doesn't like roundabouts...the front just keeps pushin on rather than steering in.

can't say I have found that a particular problem myself - what tyres are you running ?
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

simers

Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"
Quote from: "simers"the only fault i find wit it is when the roads are wet it doesn't like roundabouts...the front just keeps pushin on rather than steering in.

can't say I have found that a particular problem myself - what tyres are you running ?

Dunlop of some sort...When I get my new wheels I'm puttin toyo proxes on if funds allow
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

K T M Rider

very popular on here, never tried them myself though. Only driven on Kumho KU31s - which have superb wet grip
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

chris3boro

(not to get too far in to a tyre discussion) but Toyo T1R's here all round, ensure pressures are 28 psi front and 36 psi rear, great!

chris3boro

Was leaving home the other day (night time, roof off) and waiting to pull out in to the road when a group of maybe 10-12 year old walked past. I set off and immediately have to double back on myself via a roundabout to head in the right direction, therefore drive past them as I come off the roundabout. My girlfriend was outside near the group of lads and said that after I drove past them one of them said to another 'did you hear that go past? Proper growl!'   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   ah the little things!

2 of the left

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  How come? -After nearly a year with this excellent Go-Kart - I just want to stay behind the wheel and DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!!!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Pavett1990

As the title says?

My favourite thing is no matter how standard or modified the car is you can't take it's beauty away

Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Wabbitkilla

I beg to differ ... you can take the beauty of the car away, some visual mods and bodykits are truly awful imho.

However the one thing that I feel is true for every owner is how special the car feels when you get in and drive it. I do enjoy driving my other car, but whenever I get in and drive the 2 it feels completely different and very special.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Patch

My favourite thing about Roadsters is the VAST difference that a decent body kit makes in appearance.  A standard '2 looks nice, but one with a front splitter and side skirts, and a modded back bumper/spats just looks awesome.  Makes the car look much more expensive than it is!

AckersMR2

This club of coarse  s;) ;) s;)
My only car is a Ducati 

Jay67

lots to choose from but I'd have to go for they way it puts a smile on my face whenever I'm in it  s:) :) s:)
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

E

The fact that it's mine.  s:D :D s:D    s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Being top down in the sun   s8) 8) s8)  

wotugonado

Where to start ? its relative rarety when out an about, you dont see many others, and it always turns heads. Its driveability and it never fails to put a grin on your face.
And as for Bang for your buck its unbeatable.  s:D :D s:D
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Mike_V

Quote from: "wotugonado"Where to start ? its relative rarety when out an about, you dont see many others, and it always turns heads. Its driveability and it never fails to put a grin on your face.
And as for Bang for your buck its unbeatable.  s:D :D s:D

+1
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

Pavett1990

Yea agree with all of those but what I meant was standard it looks good, subtly moded it looks good but any car can be ruined by taking it over the top I suppose it's each to their own lol.. I also love how 2 hours cleaning makes it look like this

Jay67

Quote from: "Pavett1990"Yea agree with all of those but what I meant was standard it looks good, subtly moded it looks good but any car can be ruined by taking it over the top I suppose it's each to their own lol.. I also love how 2 hours cleaning makes it look like this

you missed a bit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Jason

Pavett1990

We're haha lol

Jay67

Quote from: "Pavett1990"We're haha lol

wheels are still dirty   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Jason