Time to introduce my 2nd 2 aka Banana

Started by StuC, July 10, 2012, 20:50

StuC

Fitted these replacement aero wiper blades yesterday. Only my second set, the previous ones had been on for years. This set had a 20" (drivers) and a 19" (passenger). When I went put them on Banana I noticed that my previous passenger was shorter, see below.

Performance wise they are still the same. Just in a parked position it looks like this, when viewed down the windscreen.

Not quite sitting on the screen at the outboard edge. Once in operation, it is fine.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

s12vea

I can't remember what size I used in the past
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Topdownman

Co-incidentally I have a 20 and 19" set on my coffee table waiting to go on.

They have got into sync and both ripped on the way to work on monday!

You should get a better clearance at the top of the cleaning arc with the 19" as there is a gap if you use an 18".

(Not sure how you have made a set last years though, I barely manage a year per set).
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

StuC

Mine were not ripped, just the passenger side one was leaving a partial smear. I think the recent frozen spell might have seen them off.
Can't think of any other reason why mine last longer. I get plenty of muck on the screen as my usual drive is on B roads, where farmers insist on using the same roads with their muddy tractors!!

StuC

Banana went in for an MOT on Tuesday, she failed :-(

Seriously leaking NSF shock - was only changed 2 years ago. Also the side I have the bent rim on. Not sure if those are linked.
Front Lower control arm rear bushes both pooched! Anti roll bar bushes and drop links need changing too.
Parking Brake excessive travel, blah blah blah
Foggy headlights, unable to produce pattern to measure.
Brake light out.

Got hold of some Yaris lower control arms for 5% of the MR2 exorbitantly priced ones. Hope they will fit. Had to take it to a local garage to do the work.

Should know tomorrow if we are all good!
@steve@d1customs we miss ya! :-(

Joesson

Stu, unsure if ancient , likely pagan , rituals help in this situation, but I'm crossing my fingers for you and Banana.

StuC

Don't believe in those, so I will just take your words of encouragement as a positive vibe instead. :)

Chilli Girl

Poor Banana, you're get her sorted. :'(
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

StuC

Banana has passed her MOT!

Bad news, cost me £600 for that to happen.
Worse news, £200 was unnecessary.
Even worse news, feel rubbish today and haven't been able to collect her.

We will see what tomorrow brings!

Oh, and to end on a positive note...
Yaris lower control arms, bosh... straight in!
@Bossworld many many thanks!! I owe you some beer tokens. You have saved me a packet!

Bossworld

Quote from: StuC on March 25, 2019, 23:12
Banana has passed her MOT!

Bad news, cost me £600 for that to happen.
Worse news, £200 was unnecessary.
Even worse news, feel rubbish today and haven't been able to collect her.

We will see what tomorrow brings!

Oh, and to end on a positive note...
Yaris lower control arms, bosh... straight in!
@Bossworld many many thanks!! I owe you some beer tokens. You have saved me a packet!

Glad to hear, not my credit though, couple of folk on the Facebook group had sussed the Yaris arms out previously  8)

Joesson

Some good news there for you Stu and for me as I can now uncross one set of fingers.
What was the " unnecessary " £200 for?
Hope your soon feeling better/ full of mischief.

StuC

Quote from: Bossworld on March 26, 2019, 07:50
Glad to hear, not my credit though, couple of folk on the Facebook group had sussed the Yaris arms out previously  8)

True enough, but you remembered and dug out the answer... for the prosperity for others.  :D

StuC

Quote from: Joesson on March 26, 2019, 09:05
Some good news there for you Stu and for me as I can now uncross one set of fingers.
What was the " unnecessary " £200 for?
Hope your soon feeling better/ full of mischief.

That was for the front strut incl fitting. At the beginning of 2017 Steve fitted a full set of struts and springs to Banana. Fast forward 2 years (almost to the day), only 15k miles and we have a failure. This should be a warranty issue IMHO. I know if Steve was working (totally understand why he isn't) he would have had this sorted already, you know because he is awesome like that! :)

Mischief mode is not ready for full re-engagement just yet, so you can rest easy... for now. ;)

Joesson

StuC

delhusband

Quote from: StuC on March 26, 2019, 09:09
Mischief mode is not ready for full re-engagement just yet, so you can rest easy... for now. ;)
Who does he think he's kidding, banana mob were disparaging silvers this morning @Joesson @StuC. If you're thinking about the exterior colour you ain't driving it enough ;)
Hate pointy animals

StuC

Quote from: delhusband on March 26, 2019, 12:14
Quote from: StuC on March 26, 2019, 09:09
Who does he think he's kidding, banana mob were disparaging silvers this morning @Joesson @StuC. If you're thinking about the exterior colour you ain't driving it enough ;)

130K would disagree with that statement young man! ;)

not really thinking about the colour per se... I am at one with the colour and all the benefits thereof. 8) 8) 8)
@ucc they understand

Bossworld

Quote from: StuC on March 26, 2019, 09:05

True enough, but you remembered and dug out the answer... for the prosperity for others.  :D

If i could beg, steal or borrow a favour, in the other thread, I've posed a question about which of two holes the drop links go through.  I'm convinced it's the larger of the two holes but something got posted on another thread that made me start doubting myself.

StuC

Quote from: Bossworld on March 26, 2019, 13:41
Quote from: StuC on March 26, 2019, 09:05

If i could beg, steal or borrow a favour, in the other thread, I've posed a question about which of two holes the drop links go through.  I'm convinced it's the larger of the two holes but something got posted on another thread that made me start doubting myself.

When I get the car back I will grab a photo for you, seeing as I have the other pictures in the other thread.

StuC

Fitted a new engine lid prop clip. Old clip was a pain to get out!! For those trying it, the retention clipping features run along the prop axis. Where I shoved the screwdriver!! :)

It is a little loose when the stay or prop isn't in it. It's fine when it is.
The the eBay search for...
"2 clips for Toyota stay support strut prop rod holder"

£1.25 each delivered. Can't be bad.

As such I have a spare one if anyone wants one at DD.

StuC

Banana clean again and lapping up the sunshine. 8) 8)

Chilli Girl

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

StuC

Thank Jane.

She always puts a big smile on my face. :D
Even more so when she is clean!!
Being a daily driver, she doesn't always look at her best. I simply don't have time to keep her looking as she should.

s12vea

TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

StuC

EML popped up Monday night. Had a quick look. Anyone like to guess the error for a giggle?

Also, noticed a tinny-type squeaking noise coming from the Nearside. It's deffo linked to road condition. A bumpy road will have it squeaking like a mouse on caffine!
Have dropped it off at the place that did the lower arm to see if they can diagnose. I am fairly sure it wasn't there before, but it was making different noises due to the worn bushes.
I wondered if it was the anti-roll bar or the new lower control arm (as it was the Prius one).

Tags: