CAE Crashed out

Started by Pavett1990, July 14, 2012, 19:44

wotugonado

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "Les"You are now a member of the "Write off" club   s:( :( s:(  

Hope you join the " Got another one" club   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Does this mean we need a club t-shirt for spun 2's?

'Been there, spun it, here's the T-shirt!'

That's one t shirt I defo don't want to own, I like being in the non totalled club  s:D :D s:D   and I like to stay that way.

Glad you walked away from it in one piece though.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

devil-ish

So sorry to hear about this.  Was looking forwards to meeting you.  As others have already said these little cars look after us so well - I who have also survived unskathed a big accident can attest to that!   Here's hoping like us you get another roadster   s:D :D s:D
love the wide open spaces with my top off!!!!!!  ex Owner of Celica VVTLi 190 and Aygo Special Edition Black now proud owner of IQ2 Silver, Driver of Roadster.......

loadswine

Glad you are okay Paul, really sorry to see your 2 end up that way, but you are the most important bit matey.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

E

Gutted for you Mate, hopefully you can get the insurance sorted out without to much hassle and get a worthy replacement, really glad you came away relatively unscathed, I think someone was looking out for you.

MisterK

Hi Paul - you weren't wrong when you described the accident to me yesterday, what a mess.  Anyway, main thing is that you're OK.  I couldn't see where the scene of the accident was on the way home from CAE, but as you said, you did go off a long way!  Could be a blessing in disguise and once you sort everything out you might be able to become a member of the MR2R Facelift OC!  You'd have hated the CAE weekend as there was lot's of driving, drinking and talking, none of which I know you enjoy!!  Seriously, hope you get everything sorted quickly and you can come along to the JAP Fest in September.  Let us know how things progress.
Mark
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Pavett1990

Quote from: "MisterK"Seriously, hope you get everything sorted quickly and you can come along to the JAP Fest in September.  Let us know how things progress.
Mark

Agreed
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Little RED Roadster

Wow how gutting   s:( :( s:(   Glad you're ok though and hope you get it all sorted out.
Michelle & Ian

04 Roadster Silver. Toyota Body Kit. TTE Banana Spoiler. TTE Twin Exhaust. Netz Style Bar. FK Lowering Springs. Custom LSC Leather Interior. Silver Calipers. Dev\'s Key Hole Covers. Silver Hardtop.[/color][/b]

Ex owner of 04 \'Red\' Ltd Edition

Wabbitkilla

Now online properly .... Paul I'm just so relieved you got out and walked away from it, that's a horrible mess   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  
Give yourself a good talking to and be positive about the experience and your dealing with the insurance company.
We will see you again at an event, safely!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

creamykiwi

Jesus... so very glad you walked away from that - she did you proud looking after you! Can imagine the devastation, but cars are replaceable and you are not - I hope you're ok and you can sort things smoothly with insurance and then look at another one - back in the saddle!

roger

Absolutely gutted. I'm very glad you are alright, that's the main thing, everything else is secondary, so don't be so hard on your self.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

dcod

So sorry to see this. Glad you are ok.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

porcupine62

My god!
That is some mess.So glad to hear you are ok.

carolineasb

Thank goodness you are ok! I've done the 360 myself but amazingly didn't hit anything and stayed on the road!  Did the Police check for any spillages on the road?  Gravel, diesel etc?
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

Anonymous

Jesus titty Christ dude!!!!

Glad your in one piece unlike that poor 2 ! What was going on there then? Horse poo in road as looks quite rural? :/

FGrob

Wow - Feel for you Paul. Glad you're OK, shame about the 2, but as others have said it did its job in protecting you. I hope you manage to sort things our with your insurance company and get a replacement .

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Bekatee

Absolutely gutted for you Paul   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   There were a lot of people thinking about you at CAE and we were all extremely relieved to hear you were ok (despite the huge loss of your poor 2)... that's the main thing, after all... take care
Ex owner, but forever an enthusiast ;) ...Sold, but never forgotton \":)\"

nathanMR2

Another sad loss  s:( :( s:(  I was sitting there waiting for you to arrive on Friday morning hoping id have a friend to go on a drive with. I did wonder what had happened to you.

Glad you're ok mate. Hope you manage to get another  s:) :) s:)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

shanej2k8

s:| :| s:|  VERY SAD NEWS MATE! ALTHOUGH GLAD YOUR STILL ALIVE!

You getting another one?

Im a dab hand with some body filler mate we will get that back in shape in no time... Just might weigh a little more...

K T M Rider

Quote from: "VVT-i"car's can be replaced, you can't.

S'funny but the more I read that kind of statement in these threads, the more I find myself thinking well, yes, BUT !!

Yes, absolutely people are much more important than cars and Yes, absolutely cars can be replaced, whereas people can't.

I just sometimes worry what cars we''ll be replacing our MR2s with once they've all ended up mangled in a ditch.

Wonder if people say this on Ferrari forums when people crash their 250GTOs ?

P.S. Glad you are O.K. puma2   s:) :) s:)
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

AckersMR2

Well yes but if you pop over to eBay and auto trader you can take your pic from a long list of mr2's in various states of condition. I'm sure that in another 44 years our attitude may well be that of Ferrari 250 GTO owners?
My only car is a Ducati 

K T M Rider

Quote from: "AckersMR2"I'm sure that in another 44 years our attitude may well be that of Ferrari 250 GTO owners?

I'll only be 87 so naturally I'll be hoping to have many many more years of roadstering, er, if there is any petrol left.   s:) :) s:)
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

chris3boro

Glad you're ok, looks like it could have had a very different ending!

Richard41

Ouch, glad to read you escaped unhurt, probably no consolation but it is only metal, walking away from that is a lot to be grateful for.

Tags: