why would someone keep hold of this after selling?

Started by Anonymous, July 19, 2012, 11:13

Anonymous

Recently bought an Mr2 2004 and the owner never handed in the spare keys or the book pack when they traded it into BMW.

The BMW garage have tried, and now I have tried, but they still wont forward the stuff on.

Its not as if its of any value to them now they have sold their Mr2 and bought a mini!

If anyone has an owners book pack they dont want please let me know

l viewtopic.php?f=68&t=39500 l

Pavett1990

You may be able to pick up a book on eBay?
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Anonymous

It seems quite a pointless exercise to hold onto them unless;
A- They lost them all,
B- They feel it too much bother to sort/send them.

When i brought my car, i only got the master key with central locking button on etc. After about a month later i got an envelope through the post containing a covering letter stating 'I hope your enjoying the car' and 'just found these' referring to the spare set of keys.
I was quite surprised they had bothered to send them as i feel most people nowadays just dont care about others well being...

I hope you get some joy.

AckersMR2

Quote from: "Carbon RX"It seems quite a pointless exercise to hold onto them unless;
A- They lost them all,
B- They feel it too much bother to sort/send them.

Or....
C- They plan to come round one night and steal the car?

I think that's pretty lame of BMW to not ask for the owner to bring them with the car when they picked up their new one, surely a trade in is worth more with all the keys and docs than one without them?
My only car is a Ducati 

Anonymous

As they belong to the car and you paid for the car don't you legally own them.

roger

Might be worth trying to get BMW to supply book and keys FOC. Use as many reasons as you can, though if they use the "as seen" argument you could use the "not fit for purpose".

If that fails I assume you have a warranty, why not bore them to death by phoning everyday with questions, like what tyre pressures, what bulb for sidelight, what oil etc etc   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Its a small scam in the trade. Keep stuff that will sell on ebay.
Check out the prices some keys/books bring. Its a good little earner for those less scrupulous.

dj2k21

Complain and say you want all the locks replacing so it can't be stolen, bet they get the keys for you then? Or be cheeky and go to his house and if he's a  scock cock scock  just report the keys stolen
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Pavett1990

Quote from: "dj2k21"Complain and say you want all the locks replacing so it can't be stolen, bet they get the keys for you then? Or be cheeky and go to his house and if he's a **** just report the keys stolen

+1 that sounds like a winner haha
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

frogger

Do you actually KNOW the previous owner even has them?

Could be barking up an imaginary tree.

I have no spare keys for several of my cars, some missing books etc...
If I sold one on to a dealership, and then someone else turned up insisting they're entitled to this and that, they'd be told to shove their entitlement where the sun don't shine!

Anonymous

Quote from: "frogger"Do you actually KNOW the previous owner even has them?

Could be barking up an imaginary tree.

I have no spare keys for several of my cars, some missing books etc...
If I sold one on to a dealership, and then someone else turned up insisting they're entitled to this and that, they'd be told to shove their entitlement where the sun don't shine!

I know it was a one owner car, I know the car has been serviced on time every year (using 2 garages who I have contacted) so it does follow that they have the book pack and spare keys.

Anonymous

Previous owners details are on the V5. You could give them a ring and ask.

rallycross2

the full history and book packs did turn up in the end bit no spare keys ever were found.
one 'careless' owner!

Tags: