[GI] Carbon Side Vents Streamline

Started by StuC, August 4, 2012, 21:23

carlclarke

Quote from: "onion86"

I was looking at that photo and thought the C-One vents would good if there was a mesh at the front and it would also make it hard to see the fixing to the existing vent fitting. Just an idea...

onion86

Quote from: "carlclarke"I was looking at that photo and thought the C-One vents would good if there was a mesh at the front and it would also make it hard to see the fixing to the existing vent fitting. Just an idea...
I had the same thought 4 years ago  s:) :) s:)   l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21842&p=271612&hilit=vents#p271707 l  I was also still moaning about being able to see the pre-FL vents underneath but never did anything about it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

chris3boro

maybe we should approach the person/company that did those mk2 ones above?? Group buy discount etc?

onion86

Quote from: "chris3boro"maybe we should approach the person/company that did those mk2 ones above?? Group buy discount etc?
Same company, pay attention  s:D :D s:D
Quote from: "StuC"I headed over to Northampton today to visit Streamline Carbon
Quote from: "eBay Ad  murl=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-Carbon-Fibre-Side-Intake-Vents-89-98-/320960230202?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4abab8733a#ht_500wt_1361]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-Ca ... 500wt_1361[/url] m "]Made in the UK by Streamline Carbon
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

chris3boro

...except for like £50 not £200 ideally   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

PaullyP2010

Quote from: "carlclarke"
Quote from: "onion86"

I was looking at that photo and thought the C-One vents would good if there was a mesh at the front and it would also make it hard to see the fixing to the existing vent fitting. Just an idea...

I have the C-One style vents - meshed in black to go with my Zunsport front grille  s:D :D s:D

Cheers,
Paul
2003 Sable Grey
Built 2ZZ Turbo with lots of other goodies.........

nathanMR2

I did try and mesh mine some time back but ive fixed mine to the vent as i didnt really trust the 3M tape on its own. I now believe the 3M would be more than adequate to hold it in place come rain or shine providing youve managed to get a good bond to start with. Depending what mesh you buy it can be really horrible to work with. I managed to cut myself to bits, gloves are key but can be a bit cumbersum. You would also need to consider some sort of beading where the mesh would sit againt the bodywork and im not sure how good that will look. Its on my list  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

onion86

That's why I decided against it in the end, I couldn't figure out a way in my head to easily put the mesh on without scratching the bodywork or potentially scratching the bodywork where it touched. I thought I could stick it in so it went in the gap at the front of the vent but that didn't look in the right place, then I gave up  s:) :) s:)

This time round I'll be fitting them over FL vents with just the 3M tape.

Anonymous

Quote from: "onion86"That's why I decided against it in the end, I couldn't figure out a way in my head to easily put the mesh on without scratching the bodywork or potentially scratching the bodywork where it touched. I thought I could stick it in so it went in the gap at the front of the vent but that didn't look in the right place, then I gave up  s:) :) s:)

This time round I'll be fitting them over FL vents with just the 3M tape.

How about using some rubber edge protection grooved edge liner thing stuffy?   s:? :? s:?    s:?: :?: s:?:

Like this;
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubber-edging ... 4165203ef1 m

Sorry if not allowed to add lin i dont understand the guidlines on this part but its nothin to do with me selling etc.

Tags: