Photoshoppery

Started by jinxedkitten, August 5, 2012, 22:36

StuC

No worries  :-) :-) :-)

I kinda liked the pink spokes version of it. Perhaps you could use some of that vinyl wrap jinxed linked to on the Merc as trial.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Nice work, I remember years ago working on a promotion for blockbusters or something similar, we had to comp together a room, sofa, tv with jungle animals and Indiana jones coming out of the screen, all that using photoshop 2.5, on a state of the art Quadra 950, adobe didn't introduced layers until photoshop 3!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I've got CS5.5 on my iMac and I doubt I know even half of what it can do now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Wow, 2.5!    s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:    I must admit my first experience wiht it wasn't quite that oldschool, I first picked it up at the original version 5, so have experienced almost a full generation of it (over about 14 years, wow, that just came as a shock   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ), and yes, it's crazy how much it has evolved!

I try to keep in touch wiht most of the new features, but there's one or two bits I've still not really got into yet, such as some of the 3D stuff (me and 3D don't get on).  Some of the new features they added, like a magic tool that auto-fills a big area of background to remove a item on that background produce very mixed results, and I would rather they had improved some of their existing tools, maybe expanded the brush library or something, but then some of the newer innovations, such as the ability to do non-destructive editing with adjustment layers, are absolutely immense and I'm not sure I could live without them now!   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "dcod"
Quote from: "jinxedkitten"
Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"(at least untill I ever see an orange one)
Is that a request?
 s;) ;) s;)

You know you want to ...

Well, if you insist!  s;) ;) s;)

Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Could one of you photo wizards please amend the following images so that the alloy wheels are in both Met grey and gloss black, we are trying to decide on what colour to go with. You can see all the chrome that was removed from the original picture as ws when we picked it up.

many thanks!

StuC

Not sure I can it's a P..P..P...P not an MR2!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

Excuse the french nastiness not my choice in car! lol

But still help a Roc'r out  s;) ;) s;)

chris3boro

(looks lot better for removing the chrome scott!)

dcod

Looks just as good. Can't decide between green and orange now, DAMN YOU AND YOUR PHOTOSHOPPERY!
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

K T M Rider

Quote from: "dcod"

Looks just as good. Can't decide between green and orange now, DAMN YOU AND YOUR PHOTOSHOPPERY!

I love them both. Even though the green matches my bike, I think I would (just) prefer orange in real life, although I think the green looks better in the above pics - looks very realistic to me, the orange one a teeny bit less so ? (still nice work though JK)

Maybe the only reason Toyota did so many MR2s in light grey undercoat   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  is so that we could finish them off in colours like this   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "dcod"Looks just as good. Can't decide between green and orange now, DAMN YOU AND YOUR PHOTOSHOPPERY!

Mwahahahahahahahahhahaha

I will photoshop the world!    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"I love them both. Even though the green matches my bike, I think I would (just) prefer orange in real life, although I think the green looks better in the above pics - looks very realistic to me, the orange one a teeny bit less so ? (still nice work though JK)

Yes, it's a very kawasaki green!  And I agree with you that the orange wasn't so great - I didn't spend a massive ammount of time on it and didn't get the shadow colours a deep enough orange and the highlights went a bit yellowy.    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Maybe i need to do a pink version, like the "Hot Pinky" above  s;) ;) s;)

StuC

I'll take that as a compliment  :-) :-) :-)

I am struggling with Carbon's wheels though. How do you get them glossy?
The orig picture has minimal bright surfaces on it. So when I alter the brightness I just get a very flat looking result. Which is OK for the Mettalic grey he has asked for but not the glossy black!!

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"I didn't spend a massive ammount of time on it and didn't get the shadow colours a deep enough orange and the highlights went a bit yellowy.    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Clearly out of my league. I feel I need a lesson!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "Carbon RX"Hi guys,

Could one of you photo wizards please amend the following images so that the alloy wheels are in both Met grey and gloss black, we are trying to decide on what colour to go with. You can see all the chrome that was removed from the original picture as ws when we picked it up.

many thanks!

Well, against my better judgement as it's not an MR2......   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

As those images were quite tiny, I couldn't do a great job on them I'm afraid, but instead I have remoed the chrome from the before photo, which is bigger, hopefully give you a better idea:

chris3boro

^ Anthracite looks good! Only issue I have with black alloys is if you let the tyres get dirty the wheels look rubbish. I think anthracite in the 2nd pic above from this comment looks great

K T M Rider

Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"I love them both. Even though the green matches my bike, I think I would (just) prefer orange in real life........

Yes, it's a very kawasaki green!....

Er, yeah I suppose KTM nicked it off them   s:) :) s:)
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Richard41

Quote from: "chris3boro"^ Anthracite looks good! Only issue I have with black alloys is if you let the tyres get dirty the wheels look rubbish. I think anthracite in the 2nd pic above from this comment looks great

True, unless I keep slapping on tyre dressing mine don't look good, look better than anthracite IMO but more work.

Anonymous

Ahhhhhh Thank you for lowering yourself to shop another car but a 2   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thats helped make my mind up regarding the colour option. I think you can have too much black and the note regarding the wheels make sense considering she has to wash the car almost everyday for it to look clean!   s:( :( s:(  

I appluad your shoppery skills once more Jinxedkitten   s8) 8) s8)    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "StuC"I am struggling with Carbon's wheels though. How do you get them glossy?
The orig picture has minimal bright surfaces on it. So when I alter the brightness I just get a very flat looking result. Which is OK for the Mettalic grey he has asked for but not the glossy black!!

Tell you what, how about I yousendit one of my photoshop files over to you and you can see how I do em (it's hard to explain as a step by step, but easy if you can have a look at the layer structure and mess abotu with it yourself).  The main key is in gradient mapping!  Adjustment layers and layer blending options - have a play!  Each image requires a slightly different technique, alas there is no formula for it, but when you get familliar with the idea, its just variations on a theme.
PM me your email address and i'll send the file for Carbon_RX's wheels over (will show both the anthracite and gloss black on there).    s:D :D s:D

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "Carbon RX"Thats helped make my mind up regarding the colour option. I think you can have too much black and the note regarding the wheels make sense considering she has to wash the car almost everyday for it to look clean!   s:( :( s:(  
I appluad your shoppery skills once more Jinxedkitten   s8) 8) s8)    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Thank you, glad to be of help   s:D :D s:D

StuC

Quote from: "Pavett1990"Hey guys I'm looking to buy/make something like this for my front bumper.. Obviously in black could one of you photoshop this into my bumper?

Decided to post it in here rather than starting a new thread.

Original

APR Normal Canards

APR Carbon Canard

and or course not forgetting...

APR MiScHief Canards  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Tags: