..and I'm back baby!

Started by ShieldsOnTour, August 7, 2012, 10:39

ShieldsOnTour

Hi all,

After the slight mishap with my '2 - an adventure across several lanes of the M74 into the central reservation and back - and subsequent write off of the poor thing, I am now the proud owner of a new '2.

Spec is -

Silver '01 pre-facelift
Facelift wheels - redone in anthracite, clothed in Toyo T1R's all round.
Lowered on FK springs
Red leather interior
6 Speed box
Vented brake discs
Yellowstuff pads
TTE Style bar
Mohair hood
Cobra quad exit
Some other "bling" (more still to go on) - including my lip spoiler and TRD badge from my old car.

This is one of Matt's engine rebuilds so all comes with 12 month engine warranty as well. And I must say, Matt is a VERY patient man putting up with me for the last week whilst I harassed him to get it finished for me (full on house remodeling commences next weekend so could only pick it up this weekend gone).

If it EVER stops raining here in Edinburgh, I will get it cleaned up and get some pictures posted. If not, I will continue building this Ark I was told to construct.

Tim (who was very late to work due to a 45 minute "detour" this morning in the '2)
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

onion86

Glad you got a new one sorted Tim, nice to see the accident hasn't scared you off although I suppose there was nothing you could do in that situation. Happy '2ing for hopefully a long time  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

StuC

Great to have you back  :-) :-) :-)

Detour... it would be rude not to!!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

dcod

Good to see you back. Would love to see some pics.   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

chris3boro

Ello! Great starting spec!

Wabbitkilla

Yay!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Welcome home   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Car sounds great, Tim. Thats a top spec, with the six. Its amazing how the anthracite wheels bring the car up to date, particularly on silver.

chris3boro

get pics up   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

ShieldsOnTour

Well some sun at the weekend means I can get some pictures taken!

One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

StuC

All looks good, except someone has graffiti'd your glovebox!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

chris3boro

Love it. All I'd suggest are the facelift rear inserts for the bumper and powdercoat the style bar in anthracite to match the wheels. Looks great though

Anonymous

Top Bombing ROC'r  s:) :) s:)

SteveMK3

That looks great,a nice job,I really like it  s:D :D s:D   What's the rear spoiler? It's very subtle which is a bonus IMHO.

stewart@boro

Great looking car, I too like the subtlety of the spoiler
Did it come with the passenger or is that an optional extra  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Is Edinburgh still standing??
Some of my staff were there today with a load of neets
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

2 of the left

Quote from: "SteveMK3"That looks great,a nice job,I really like it  s:D :D s:D   What's the rear spoiler? It's very subtle which is a bonus IMHO.
The spoiler is one of the Taiwan specials found on a well known auction site!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
AS can be seen on my 2
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

chris3boro

(spoiler is about £30 or so delivered too FYI)

2 of the left

Here is the link for spoiler - You must have your colour code handy when ordering - £29
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Painted-TM3-T m  ... 19c78db787
OOOPS just checked - Not Available!!

ShieldsOnTour

Quote from: "Stewart@Boro"Great looking car, I too like the subtlety of the spoiler
Did it come with the passenger or is that an optional extra  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Passenger is a VERY expensive optional extra. Thinking about it, if I had to mod the car with a passenger again I would probably go for a model with .... no, lets not even go there  s:) :) s:)
One of *them* cars....

stewart@boro

You will have to get the photoshop crew in on that one!

Happy motoring  s:D :D s:D
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

SteveMK3

Quote from: "2 of the left"Here is the link for spoiler - You must have your colour code handy when ordering - £29

I've found them,many thanks  s:D :D s:D  Will be ordering one of these for sure. You can't argue with the price can you,a spoiler painted and posted for £30!

AckersMR2

BE AWARE, the government have tightened up on this lucrative revenue stream and I and another when we bought ours in march were charged an additional £14 in VAT and FedEx handling fees! So be prepared it may cost you £44-£50 depending on who they use to send it with and exchange rates.
My only car is a Ducati 

2 of the left

Quote from: "SteveMK3"
Quote from: "2 of the left"Here is the link for spoiler - You must have your colour code handy when ordering - £29

I've found them,many thanks  s:D :D s:D  Will be ordering one of these for sure. You can't argue with the price can you,a spoiler painted and posted for £30!
When you are about to attach the spoiler - open the engine cover - start the engine - leave the spoiler on top of engine bay to warm - the spoiler becomes pliable - Once it is in this state shape it to match the dip in the engine cover and then remove adhesive cover strips(2) and attach!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink: Yeah Ackers got a surprise when he received his - Fortunately I wasn't hit with the extras from HM Revenue - It seems to me like a lottery - some folks get hit others don't !! I reckon it all depends on which Bar Steward is on watch when the items come through!!

SteveMK3

Thanks for your help guys,both the warning about the possible taxes and also the fitting advice  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

chris3boro

Quote from: "ShieldsOnTour"Thinking about it, if I had to mod the car with a passenger again I would probably go for a model with .... no, lets not even go there  s:) :) s:)

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SteveMK3

Spoiler now on order!  s:D :D s:D

Tags: