Styling + Performance

Started by Anonymous, July 10, 2003, 14:22

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Forgot my password again and re-registred again.

Three things realy,

1) NEONS cool or are they sad. Im still deciding if I should fit them or will it kill the style of my 2.

2) Torque what is it exactly (pulling power) , whats the difference between torque and BHP. Becuase the 2 is light does it mean its faster than a bigger car with the same level of torque

3) Whats the new SP level everyone is talking about ?

Fluff

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fluff Monster"1) NEONS cool or are they sad. Im still deciding if I should fit them or will it kill the style of my 2.

Do you really have to ask....? They are cool if you are 17 and drive around in a 1.2 nova, otherwise they are just WRONG! (unless its on an ICE install where they can look alright, but still not in a '2).

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fluff Monster"1) NEONS cool or are they sad. Im still deciding if I should fit them or will it kill the style of my 2.
OK, before you get you head ripped off!...  No.

No, no no no no.

OK?!

Quote from: "Fluff Monster"2) Torque what is it exactly (pulling power) , whats the difference between torque and BHP. Becuase the 2 is light does it mean its faster than a bigger car with the same level of torque
Sort of answered your own question there.  It's pulling power yes, the amount of turning force created at the wheels.  Accelleration (up to a certian speed) is determined largely by power (or torque) to weight so a lighter car with the same power/torque will accellerate faster.

Quote from: "Fluff Monster"3) Whats the new SP level everyone is talking about ?

No idea.

HTH

--H--

Anonymous

Do you mean PS level?

In which case:

PS = Pferde Starken, which apparently is german for horse power.  Roughly then it's exactly the same thing.  As it happens though, it's ever so slightly different: BHP=1.01387 * PS

If you didn't, then sorry, I don't know.

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"Do you mean PS level?

In which case:

PS = Pferde Starken, which apparently is german for horse power.  Roughly then it's exactly the same thing.  As it happens though, it's ever so slightly different: BHP=1.01387 * PS

Ah, could be.  PS is like a metric version of BHP, which is annoyingly close to BHP (as above), so the '2 has 138BHP or 140PS, or something like that, I forget the exact published figures.

--H--

Anonymous

I new id get slammed, did I say NEONS ? What the feck are NEONS.

happy now guys ?

Yea it was PS level, forgive me its been a bad day and my 2 is ill.

Fluff

Peter Laborne

If they are done well then they look great. But you have to take the time to hide them and make sure that the light falls just right...otherwise they look naff.

Last year I saw a white Roadster driving around California, it had a nice green neon on the underside and it did look awesome and really changed my mind on putting neon on our 2's.

Also can anyone remember the official Lexus' (or should that be Lexi?  s:? :? s:?  ) stand parked next to us at last years JAE. Top of the range Lexus' with full DVD and suffound sound inside. Looked great during the day, but when night fell, they turned on the neon. It worked really well.

Anonymous

Peter I am ashamed of you!..  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  .dont even begin to say that Neons "could" look good.

Maybe on one of those boggey green yaris things that they give you as a hire car, but on our beloved 2's...please say you have just taken a funny pill   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "cstevens"please say you have just taken a funny pill   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Sorry, I gave them all to Hardcore. I'm serious   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Even with a funny pill, Hardcore would never put neon on his 2...far to heavy eh!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Even with a funny pill, Hardcore would never put neon on his 2...far to heavy eh!
If they were really bright they might generate a powerful enough photon wind to generate a positive life force and reduce the effective weight of the car.

Hmmm...

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I think I have been on the pills again...  Hey I can see lights coming from the underneath of my '2 right now...  Groovy...

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

--H--

Anonymous

Sorry to change the topic guys but the air intakes on David Sages 2 look great. Looks like he just pulled the plasic bit out. But 10 out of 10.

P.s Craig, i sent u pics of my 2 ages ago and she is feeling bad cos none are on your site.

Fluff

Anonymous

Hey Fluff, send em again to  e mailto:craig@the3w.com">craig@the3w.com e

I was on holiday, and my spam filter may have wiped em...I had over 500 emails to sift through..make the subject MR2 Photos

Anonymous

Where did all the bits come from on the 2's on your website Craig, been looking for some cool addons for  my 2, but can only find stuff in naff mags like Maxpower.

Gavin House is kit looks great, but if I was going to spend the money id get a VeilSide

Fluff

Anonymous

Markiii did a group buy from Japan recently for the sills and coloured flaps.  There are a few people here that know where to get the best stuff from...Mark should be able to give you the website address, as I have forgotten it now.

Anonymous

m http://www.japanparts.com/ m  or  m http://www.takakaira.com/ m  are a couple of the ones that i think people on here use.

Tags: