American Exhaust Supplier On Ebay?

Started by regedit, August 14, 2012, 09:36

regedit

I really like the look of the twin exhaust that sit in the middle of the bumper. TVR Or Triumph Stag style. I've only managed to find the appropriate exhaust on the good old auction site. And further to this its only available from an American supplier.

So the question, has anyone ever used this supplier/seller? Can anyone vouch for the quality of the product?

Appologies for the outside link, but this is the item.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUAL-3-MUFFLER-TIP-CATBACK-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-00-05-TOYOTA-MRS-SPYDER-W30-MR2-MR-S-/190712906279?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c67600227

Cheers

Ian

Wabbitkilla

That is manufactured by a friend of ours called Che ... or rather he has them made in China.
This is his shop on ebay, and the company is represented on FaceBook too.
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-Sp ... 3215wt_952 m

You may have luck contacting our affiliate Prolex (Dave) as he has a working relationship with Che for importing certain items on request.

The only other twin centre exhaust that has been available is the Janspeed system, but it would appear they've given up making them and have proven awkward to engage or even produce the right exhaust.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

regedit

Thank you, have spoken to Dave and he's looking into it for me.

Anonymous

I also would be interested in the price if you dont mind sharing with us all?

Also, what are the opinions of people that have heard this exhaust in action? Good, bad or ugly?

Thanks.

dcod

[youtube:cmy8b5a7]uVJgbW-9meM[/youtube:cmy8b5a7]

[youtube:cmy8b5a7]kFbWA6VeNlQ[/youtube:cmy8b5a7]

[youtube:cmy8b5a7]GvIlOwQRpV4[/youtube:cmy8b5a7]

Sounds a lot better than this   s:D :D s:D

The only issue I have had is that a strengthening bar fractured on mine after a year ... got it welded ... and now it's fractured in another place   s:( :( s:(
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

chris3boro

Do we know what the postage costs are to UK?

Edit-$180?

Jay67

Quote from: "chris3boro"Do we know what the postage costs are to UK?

Edit-$180?
not forgetting customs duty & vat
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

AckersMR2

An the carriers handling fee!
My only car is a Ducati 

chris3boro

Would probably work out comparabke to the UK ones,cobra etc I'm guessing. Shame there's not more options for the roadster exhaust under £400ish especially considering apart from two cans there's no long pipes running from the front of the car etc

Anonymous

Quote from: "chris3boro"Would probably work out comparabke to the UK ones,cobra etc I'm guessing. Shame there's not more options for the roadster exhaust under £400ish especially considering apart from two cans there's no long pipes running from the front of the car etc

That is exactly my thoughts, well over priced i think for the most of them. I really want the Apexi as its one of the only JDM exhausts on the market for the 2 which i think suits the style of car. I dont personally think the twin exhaust suits such a small engined car. To me its trying too hard like allot of the SAXO's with twin exhausts which are just unnessesary. I know my opinion on this matter will be flamed on here   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

dcod

Quote from: "Carbon RX"
Quote from: "chris3boro"I know my opinion on this matter will be flamed on here   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Wabbitkilla

I obviously like the twi centre exit ... that's why I don't have the wheel-barrow look   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

When you see the work and materials that go into these exhausts (they are ALL hand made) then the price is right.
If you want a cheap piece of drain pipe that falls apart then knock yourself out   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

regedit

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I obviously like the twi centre exit ... that's why I don't have the wheel-barrow look   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

When you see the work and materials that go into these exhausts (they are ALL hand made) then the price is right.
If you want a cheap piece of drain pipe that falls apart then knock yourself out   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

I like the look of the twin exit, but i do have a mild case of OCD. So to me, one exhaust on one side of the car looks lop sided to me!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I don't think cheaper should automatically mean worse quality. I imagine the prices are bumped up because its like fashion for car owners, people pay huge amounts just so they can say i have this exhaust or that bumper.... i cant imagine the manufacturing costs for the likes of Cobra are any more than the the cheaper alternatives.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Carbon RX"I dont personally think the twin exhaust suits such a small engined car. To me its trying too hard like allot of the SAXO's with twin exhausts which are just unnessesary. I know my opinion on this matter will be flamed on here   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

I'm burning with ya! 4 pots, 1 pipe!

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

regedit

Quote from: "ChrisGB"
Quote from: "Carbon RX"I dont personally think the twin exhaust suits such a small engined car. To me its trying too hard like allot of the SAXO's with twin exhausts which are just unnessesary. I know my opinion on this matter will be flamed on here   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

I'm burning with ya! 4 pots, 1 pipe!

Chris
So a compromise would be a single middle pipe? Do they do a 'boxster' style pipe for the mr2?

Anonymous

My point is not that of quality but manufacturers reputation and ability to demand a high price for the products they supply. I dont think the likes of Cobra and Che have a race heritage that can demand top money for their products. The likes of Apexi, HKS, trust, Gready etc etc have all proven themselve out on the track for years over on the japanese race circuits in various tuning deciplines... 75% of the exhausts for the 2 just seem athestical over anything else which is just too tarty for a proper sports car. If you like that kind of thing you might as well get a SAXO with a massive bodykit because that screams 'look at me' in a similar way IMO. THere are plently of people that can weld a few pipes together coupled with some pre-fab silencers to make a system, but im not too sure it will be any benefit over slipping a twin tail garnish onto the stock OEM pipe lol

Ive not seen a boxster style pipe but if the 2 looked anymore like one, you may as well buy a boxster lol

chris3boro

^ hey, some misquoting going on there! I dont want no flaming   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But I know what you mean about time and effort etc Nic, just on most normal front engined cars you can get off the shelf or sutom cat back systems for around £300  sometimes slightly less, and that leads from the front to back of the car, and it doesnt mean a rubbish make or finish etc.

dcod

I quite like this ...

regedit

Quote from: "dcod"

I quite like this ...

Ah see i don't like that.

dcod

but my favourite is ...

regedit

Yep this is the kit i wanted. Loving the rear spoiler.

Its a shame that there is a cross member behind those vents. I'd love to have an exhaust made that exited through the rear vent cowling. GT40 Style.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "regedit"Yep this is the kit i wanted. Loving the rear spoiler.

Its a shame that there is a cross member behind those vents. I'd love to have an exhaust made that exited through the rear vent cowling. GT40 Style.

Get something custom made. It costs a few bob more, but you can get exactly what you want, including an exit through the crossmember and grilles or bumper. Pete at PTR exhausts should be able to sort something for you and his pipework is a work of art.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

AckersMR2

Personally, i'm not a fan of the Apexi exhaust at all, I just don't like the look of a huge baked bean can sticking out under the bumper, its fine for a tuned car on the track but just too difficult to live with on the road, certainly around my way, i'd rather go for something less extreme and be able to lower my car down than have an Apexi and have to jack it up!
I think most people want an exhaust to look good, sound good and if running a pretty standard engine set up aren't too bothered about performance gains or race heritage.
As for the price, how much is a standard replacement OE exhaust from Mr.T? As long as its less than that they can pretty much charge what they like.
My only car is a Ducati 

Anonymous

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Personally, i'm not a fan of the Apexi exhaust at all, I just don't like the look of a huge baked bean can sticking out under the bumper, its fine for a tuned car on the track but just too difficult to live with on the road, certainly around my way, i'd rather go for something less extreme and be able to lower my car down than have an Apexi and have to jack it up!
I think most people want an exhaust to look good, sound good and if running a pretty standard engine set up aren't too bothered about performance gains or race heritage.
As for the price, how much is a standard replacement OE exhaust from Mr.T? As long as its less than that they can pretty much charge what they like.

Would be interesting to know the off shelf price for a st. replacement, I bet its quite expensive but then again Japanese OEM normally is from a dealership parts dept.

I understand the Apexi is not to everyones taste, was not implying it would be, i was gutted seeing one for sale the other day but being too skint to snap it up   s:( :( s:(

Wabbitkilla

You cannot, simply cannot compare the Saxo brigade and their exhausts with the MR2 .... mid-engined rwd has a very specific requirement as regards exhausts.
The regular price for the MR2 and Lotus is around the £400 mark, that's not because of fashion, that's just because it's a bit more dificult to make than a pipe straight along the bottom of a hatchback. Sorry if that offends you, but that's why the price is more than a standard box. We have seen some of these "anyone can weld some boxes and pipes together" and they're laughable.

TBH you could probably get a custom exhaust fabricated for similar prices, if you find you're balking at the prices of the bits, even just an exhaust then you've obviously bought the wrong car. It goes with the territory, if you want a cheap exhaust then go buy a Saxe, there were many more Saxos built, they're a hatchback with a straight-forward exhaust hence there's more available and cheaper ... though I doubt their quality is anything near what you get for the MR2 .. even from Che.

Tags: