Front Ball Joint. (Wishbone) £250 :O

Started by vinp182, August 23, 2012, 15:24

Markb

Not sure about the complete wishbone fitting but the balljoint itself seems to fit ok as the poster above says.....worth a try at approx £15 imo,i've done a few Mazda ones and they are pretty easy to press out and in with a decent vice and a few large sockets.

B42

Just wondered if anyone can add an update to this topic - as the last posting was quite a while ago?

The reason is I was given an advisory - following my MOT last week: Off/side front lower arm rear most bush separating on bonding.  

Naturally, I'm looking for the cheapest way to sort the problem out. Any tips/pointers much appreciated...

Thanks
Dave

cabbydave

Quote from: "B42"Just wondered if anyone can add an update to this topic - as the last posting was quite a while ago?

The reason is I was given an advisory - following my MOT last week: Off/side front lower arm rear most bush separating on bonding.  

Naturally, I'm looking for the cheapest way to sort the problem out. Any tips/pointers much appreciated...

Thanks
Dave
Just get some poly bushes for it

B42

Thanks for responding cabbydave...pleased to know the bush can be replaced easily without the need to replace the arm.

cabbydave

Im sure someone does replacement ball joints as well now they just have to be pressed in. Good job I recently bought a press recently as I had a lot of wheel bearings to change.

B42

m http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Control-Arm-w ... 86&vxp=mtr m

I see that in the U.S. you can now get the whole arm for around thirty quid!! Anyone got space in their suitecase? I don't mind hanging on until after the summer hols!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: