1zz resources.

Started by stupink, September 9, 2012, 09:58

stupink

I know workshop manuals are low on the ground  s:( :( s:(

now the only engine i really know inside out is the vauxhall 2L, i had quite a few, both in Xe format and Let format (turbo, non-turbo), and i rebuilt quite a few, bare block and up, drilled blocks to install oil squirters, knew what to uprate for what power, rods, bolts,pistons etc etc .. but i find myself a bit behind with the mr2..

keep finding "things" on it which i can't quite suss out, mostly due to i just can't see the engine as its in the engine bay which as you all know is half hidden..

Anyone knwo a good resourse or engine manual i can read up on to get a head start..  

simple things like understanding the water system,  oil system(for example i have no idea what the two pipes going out the thing above oil filter are!!)..  just simple things that i could easily work out if i could see the engine..

I've got it half stripped to install my turbo setup, but Im finding myself tempted to pull the engine right out, just so i can look at it, no other reason.. and that sounds silly..
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

AmeR

Get hold of a knacker if you want to have a poke and a play. No point ripping a perfectly good engine out just to gawk at.

There's no Haynes manual of the car, and the Official Toyota Big Green Book isn't cheap.

stupink

yeah,  i had the bgb for my mk2, but it was a erm...  well lets just say i had about 7 ring binders full of stuff that looked like a print shop had hit "print all" from a 400mb pdf file lol..

I'm probably gonna goof my engine at some point anyway, so i actually want to buy another, but would rather buy a good one, than spend money on a knackered one(unless anyone offers to give me one, i will put up a wanted lol)    but at the moment i want to spend my money on making the car work before i spend money on the backup engine for when it doesnt work lol  s:) :) s:)

sorry i type fast and dont write very cleralry this i know  s:| :| s:|

Any tips on how to aquire the bgb for this car cheaper? aka anywhere people sell second hand ones?
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

trevsmr2

You could get a CD off ebay

Tags: