A little bit different

Started by Pavett1990, September 21, 2012, 18:01

Pavett1990

Hey guys I thought if give my wheel a touch up as they were corroding through the work that I did  s:( :( s:(  
But... I have given them a whole new lease of life again..
With a slight twist..

What do u all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Barney Bear

Would never of thought of that for an idea but again another mod I like

love the different look top marks to anyone who's prepared to be a sheep not one of the flock   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Pavett1990

Quote from: "Barney Bear"Would never of thought of that for an idea but again another mod I like

love the different look top marks to anyone who's prepared to be a sheep not one of the flock   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Lol agreed mate.. I love the look of the standard alloys so.. Why not keep them but make it different lol

JudoKilli

Very brave. I had the opportunity to do this, and although I thought about it hard, I chickened out.

I would have done it slightly different though, with a much thinner red band, possibly just the front part of the lip, leaving the rest black.

AckersMR2

Different, interesting I think I like, maybe not quite so contrasting colours maybe a gunmetal and dark candy apple red?

Must be expensive doing all your maintenance in your local NCP multi story, my ones £1 an hour!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

Jay67

not so sure about them to be honest, let you know when i've seen them in the alloy @ santa pod  s;) ;) s;)
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Pavett1990

Quote from: "JudoKilli"Very brave. I had the opportunity to do this, and although I thought about it hard, I chickened out.

I would have done it slightly different though, with a much thinner red band, possibly just the front part of the lip, leaving the rest black.

Lol I know I was debating it but I thought if worst comes to worst they can be cut back and resprayed lol

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Different, interesting I think I like, maybe not quite so contrasting colours maybe a gunmetal and dark candy apple red?

Must be expensive doing all your maintenance in your local NCP multi story, my ones £1 an hour!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Lol I quite like the red it matches the interior but if I could get a candy apple I would  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Quote from: "Jay67"not so sure about them to be honest, let you know when i've seen them in the alloy @ santa pod  s;) ;) s;)

Yeah definitely mate I hope they win you all over lol

simers

i was goin to do summat similar to mine but i was goin to do a fade out of purple onto the gunmetal grey but then i didn't change the color of my car yet and binned the idea for the minute....looks well
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Pavett1990

Quote from: "simers"i was goin to do summat similar to mine but i was goin to do a fade out of purple onto the gunmetal grey but then i didn't change the color of my car yet and binned the idea for the minute....looks well

That sounds lush mate the purple into gunmetal mmm lol

Jay67

Quote from: "Pavett1990"Lol I quite like the red it matches the interior but if I could get a candy apple I would  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

bloke on fleabay does a candy apple in an aerosol
Jason

Pavett1990

Quote from: "Jay67"
Quote from: "Pavett1990"Lol I quite like the red it matches the interior but if I could get a candy apple I would  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hmm that I will look into  s:D :D s:D  

StuC

Deffo different  :-) :-) :-)
I am not offended by them, think I would gone with something closer to JudoK's suggestion. A whole ring of colour would be easier on the eye I think.

They are not my wheels though, so good on you for trying something different.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Nath

Its different and I like it, we all have our own taste and its good to go your own way.

Jay67

Quote from: "Pavett1990"

if you can't find him let me know, think i've got him in my fav sellers
Jason

Pavett1990

Quote from: "Pavett1990"
Quote from: "Jay67"bloke on fleabay does a candy apple in an aerosol

if you can't find him let me know, think i've got him in my fav sellers

Ok mate thanks

Pavett1990

All done guys  s:D :D s:D  

chris3boro

Not for me, but if you like it then there's no issue

s12vea

They look good at a distance.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

dcod

Quote from: "s12vea"They look good at a distance.

+1

If you'd made the red part black and the rest silver/red/blue/whatever then you'd make the tyres look very low profile. It would make the spokes look like they go right out to the tyre.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

simers

They look really well... I'm goin to do a tester of one of my wheels just to see what it's like... Will post pics of the outcome... Won't be usin my Toyota wheels tho

Pavett1990

Post them on here so I can see mate

simers

Will do mate no hassle

carlclarke

Quote from: "Pavett1990"All done guys  s:D :D s:D  

I like. Something a bit Batmobile in a cool way. I am thinking that you may need a splash of colour on the vents to balance the effect and smooth it into the car, maybe black instead of silver?

Pavett1990

It was something I was thinking about.. I was contemplating carbon wrapping them to be honest

tomaky

Looking good  s:) :) s:)  thinking of doing something with my alloys next spring, i have a blue mr2 wonder if a nice dark grey spokes with blue on inside would work.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Tags: