Turbo’s and the UK spec 5-speed roadster.

Started by Anonymous, May 21, 2004, 13:57

Anonymous

Are there any issues with turboing an older roadster with the 5-speed manual?

At the moment I own a Mk II T-bar but I'm thinking of a move to a Mk III roadster for the full open top fun. However I'm after something with a bit more oomph so was initially thinking of an S1 Lotus Elise until I came across this forum and picked up on the turbo conversions that some of you have. Very nice.

For the same money as a good S1 Elise I could get an early roadster and have enough left over for the turbo conversion. I'm thinking of the roadster as I believe the Toyota has far better build quality (I've had an MR2 Mk II and two RAV4's with 0 problems). And I reckon the running cost of a turbo roadster will still be far less compared to the Elise. Also the roadster turbo has real Q-car appeal  s:D :D s:D  

Cheers

Anonymous

Don't quote me on it, but I doubt there's any problems... I think mr-s turbo's is a 5 speed manual, and mph's is a 5 speed SMT.

Anonymous

No problems with turbo'ing any age model. Mine indeed is a 5sp manual.

Anonymous

If you don't mind me asking mate roughly how much did your turbo conversion cost?

I've been seriously thinking about it but the prices I've seen vary so wildly it's untrue.

Anonymous

If you do a search on 'PE Turbo' you should get all the info you need  (I posted all my costs)

Anonymous

With the $ being so low against the £ been thinking of getting my TURBO a bit early, lots of posts on here. Think the PE Turbo might be for me.

Was just wondering if the "Just Bolt On" realy is just that or are there other little bits you got to do also. Could any decent mechanic fit one ?

Also been thinking of getting rolling road tested see how much my small mods have gained me or lost me if some of you are correct about the Blitz induction kit.

Any help great guys.

Anonymous

search for "millway" and you shoudl get some info about the rolling road.

Anonymous

Find any of my posts about my PE install, i have explained a few times how easy an install it actually is.

Anonymous

PE Turbo going on web for $580 is that about right as your posts are in the 2k mark ?

Anonymous

Give us a link and i'll tell you.

Tags: