trd exhaust ?

Started by wotugonado, October 3, 2012, 20:16

wotugonado

Has anybody on here heard of a trd twin exhaust ?

Ive been offered one 2 nd hand, but i was wondering if they mean the TTE/remus one.

What would a 2nd hand TTE one be worth complete ?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

PeteT

I believe the TRD exhaust is single exit. see here  m http://www.mr2ner.com/exhaust.html m

As you suspect, i think you have been offered a TTE exhaust, Its a great exhaust by the way  s:) :) s:)
Pete

wotugonado

Thanks for that, yep nothing like the one ive been offered, they must mean tte.
Any ideas what tte is worth, in say average condition ?

PeteT

Around 250, I paid slightly more than that but mine only had a few thousand miles on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Pete

Anonymous

They normally sell on here around £200 for the tte that is

AckersMR2

I bought a reconditioned repacked one off the bay for £180
My only car is a Ducati 

wotugonado

They get good feedback in general, what do you think of yours, are there any obvious things i should check, or known problems i should look out for ?

AckersMR2

The bolts in the clamps that hold the two down pipes to the back box can rust pretty bad. I got a couple replacements from kwikfit of all places for £2  s:) :) s:)
The O rings that fit in between can also be a bit flaky too although these are by all accounts harder to get, there is a thread about it somewhere, I think Audi or Volvo ones were a close enough match? But you could try kwikfit for those too?
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

I'm really happy with mine, the sound is a lot nicer I would say a deeper, meatier tone rather than raspy but not so loud that it drones when at a constant revs.
Although I have a de cat manifold and a aem induction kit so that also affects the noise of the cars suck and blow  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

wotugonado

so mainly just the bolts and the o rings, i will have a good look at those then, getting excited now hope it dont turn out to be a lemon   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Do you know the rough cost of the reconditioning if its needed ?

AckersMR2

I've no idea, the one I bought had been cut open and re packed apparently? As they get older I guess the wading breaks down and is burnt making them a little louder?
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

I have just happened upon a breaker on eBay in Birmingham with a 52 plate blue 2 with 50k on the clock sporting a TTE Twin exhaust. Maybe worth enquiring about?
My only car is a Ducati 

wotugonado

Another question about the exhaust  s:) :) s:)  

I think the exhaust may be off an mr2 that suffered engine/precat failure not 100% sure but, will this have caused any damage to the exhaust or
does it only get as far as the main cat ?

Also what exactly should come with the exhaust ie extra hanging bracket etc so i know what i should be picking up.

Anonymous

It be ok just give it a quick blow out with an air line before fitting. And its back box two seperate tail pipes and 1 bolt on hanger for the right hand tail pipe.

loadswine

If its any help, I do have a spare TTE exhaust box ( ie minus the tail pipes) if anyone needs one.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

wotugonado

Cheers R buck, at least i wont get home to realise ive got parts missing now.

Quote from: "loadswine"If its any help, I do have a spare TTE exhaust box ( ie minus the tail pipes) if anyone needs one.

In accordance with club rules please state a price or it will be removed   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Sorry could nt help myself  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thats good to know thanks, well if this one turns out to be no good, i could well be interested.

wotugonado

Well that turned out to be a waste of time, it was in a sorry old state. The car had been shunted on the rear right hand side, right above the right exhaust tip, so they had resprayed the car and the chrome tip  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  , the pipe was also very very loose presumably from the shunt. Then with pure comedy timing tried to charge me vat on the already agreed price, even with these problems   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Needless to say thanks but no thanks..........................................
The only problem is it sounded soooooo good, i now know this is the exhaust that i must have   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D     s:D :D s:D   where can i find one   s:( :( s:(

ray835

now don't be a silly chump!!!.............repeat after me " i want a cobra"   s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

wotugonado

Quote from: "ray835"now don't be a silly chump!!!.............repeat after me " do you wanna buy my cobra"   s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  How much ray ?

ray835

mine cost me £440 delivered worth every penny sounds great and well built   s:D :D s:D
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

Tags: