Stupinks mr2 turbo WIP thread :) 293hp

Started by stupink, October 8, 2012, 21:33

stupink

Quote from: "CrazySX"
Quote from: "stupink"They're spot on. I upgraded to some 80sure. Bit noisy but definitely Less movement, and I'm keen to stop engine rock much as possible as it leads to manifolds cracking. Definitely recommend doing them.
So the higher the number the harder it sets?

I am thinking about doing my 200sx subframe bushes  s:) :) s:)  was going to inject them with pu sealant lol!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
yeah higher harder, most silkaflex type "tube of silicone" kinda ones are around 40-50 at most.(they also take forever to cure fully as the outside cures and then stops air getting inside more than around 1cm)..   most polybushes are around 60-70 race type are 80-90..

not sure how well it would work for suspension bushes, as air gaps are usually minimal, so the rubber does most the work..  so would depend on the design..  i'd say the sort of thing i'd buy prefab bushes of solid polyurethane for.. but as above I did.. so I don't need to say that :p
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

CrazySX

Quote from: "stupink"
Quote from: "CrazySX"
Quote from: "stupink"They're spot on. I upgraded to some 80sure. Bit noisy but definitely Less movement, and I'm keen to stop engine rock much as possible as it leads to manifolds cracking. Definitely recommend doing them.
So the higher the number the harder it sets?

I am thinking about doing my 200sx subframe bushes  s:) :) s:)  was going to inject them with pu sealant lol!

yeah higher harder, most silkaflex type "tube of silicone" kinda ones are around 40-50 at most.(they also take forever to cure fully as the outside cures and then stops air getting inside more than around 1cm)..   most polybushes are around 60-70 race type are 80-90..

not sure how well it would work for suspension bushes, as air gaps are usually minimal, so the rubber does most the work..  so would depend on the design..  i'd say the sort of thing i'd buy prefab bushes of solid polyurethane for.. but as above I did.. so I don't need to say that :p
Thanks for the info. Handy. I already have bushes and another subframe but was thinking to do this as an interim solution as I had the car 4 wheel aligned not that long ago and I wanted to do a full refurb on the replacement subframe which won't be happening this year now. Might try it on the existing subframe in situ with the 60a stuff and see how it fairs. If it's no good then I will be replacing it all next year anyway  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: