A question of mesh....

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2003, 09:59

Anonymous

... to anyone that has meshed their cars, how do you actually attach it to the car? Do you glue it, tape it, bit of bubble-gum?

Anonymous

So far, I've only slotted two pieces of mesh under the vents on the boot lid.  Cut to size and they simply hold themselves in place under the folds of metal under the boot.

Looking to do the rear horizontal under the MR2 badge and the front grille too though, picking up tips from here as we speak!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Parslad"So far, I've only slotted two pieces of mesh under the vents on the boot lid.  Cut to size and they simply hold themselves in place under the folds of metal under the boot.

LOL, thats exatly what i want to do   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Any chance you could take some photos so i can see what you have done???

Darth Paul

I'm not sure, but I get the feeling you're meshing us about......

Ahem.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

DP

Darth Paul

Made and fitted myself. Front – just undid the bolts holding the underside of the bumper on and slipped it in (f-nar!). Held on with self-tappers into the back of the plastic uprights in front of the grille. Front of car was up on ramps.

Rear – held on discreetly with zip ties. This one needed rubber edging to protect the paintwork.

DP

Anonymous

so did you have to screw (!) into the bumper to fit it...? I can see that being ok for the plastic but if i want to add the mesh to the bootlid then its all metal and would need some other way to keep it in there....?   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Darth Paul,

Where did you source the reflectors in the tow eye blanking holes?

I've been searching for some, but no luck so far....

I think it looks as if something has dropped off without something to fill the 'hole'!

Hope you don't mind me asking.....

Andrew

Darth Paul

Quote from: "amr2"Darth Paul,

Where did you source the reflectors in the tow eye blanking holes?

I've been searching for some, but no luck so far....

I think it looks as if something has dropped off without something to fill the 'hole'!

Hope you don't mind me asking.....

Andrew

Ask on SpyderChat.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"so did you have to screw (!) into the bumper to fit it...? I can see that being ok for the plastic but if i want to add the mesh to the bootlid then its all metal and would need some other way to keep it in there....?   s:? :? s:?

I would have thought that taking a look under the rear deck lid would reveal some possible mounting points to zip-tie the mesh to (so long as the mesh is extended an inch or so all the way round, so the zip-ties wouldn't be visible).

DP

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"I would have thought that taking a look under the rear deck lid would reveal some possible mounting points to zip-tie the mesh to (so long as the mesh is extended an inch or so all the way round, so the zip-ties wouldn't be visible).

DP

OH YEAH,  i could always take a look myself... but that would be the easy option!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

With reference to the reflectors, see the main Appearance forum......
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Will take photos over the weekend of the boot lid vents.

Like the idea of "simply" unscrewing the front bumper and just slipping mesh up behind it.  Far less complicated in practice that having to wrap mesh round objects etc. (like I had to do on my Puma)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Parslad"Will take photos over the weekend of the boot lid vents.

cheers mate!  s:) :) s:)

markiii

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "Darth Paul"I would have thought that taking a look under the rear deck lid would reveal some possible mounting points to zip-tie the mesh to (so long as the mesh is extended an inch or so all the way round, so the zip-ties wouldn't be visible).

DP

OH YEAH,  i could always take a look myself... but that would be the easy option!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

or have a look at mine on Sunday.  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "krisclarkuk"

DP

or have a look at mine on Sunday.  :-) :-) :-)

Ahh, good idea... the all knowing mark will be able to help me out! Cheers!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Hi Kris,

Taken pics of mesh, pardon my ignorance of this new forum, but how the heck am I meant to post them on here?

Have them on my hard drive rather than an http setting......[/img]

Anonymous

They need to be on a web server to post them up here... email them to  e mailto:photos@mr2-roadster.co.uk">photos@mr2-roadster.co.uk e  and i will put them on my web server... i also got some photos of Markiii's car and if i can get the mesh for JAE, i will try to install it there (with marks help if he is willing... beer in return?!?).

Anonymous

Just sent Kris.

Anonymous

Just got 'em - cheers mate... And here they are....

... and very nice it looks too!

Ive just got my mesh tonight and Mark is going to help me install it at JAE - pics will follow in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous

I WANT I WANT I WANT!

Can you get me some mesh please !!!!

Slacey

Kris, where did you get the mesh from? I'd like to do this but remove the drip tray completely as well. Do you think that nice Mark chap would give me a hand sorting it too?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

i over heard the convisation Kris had with his mate

Kris "Ave you got the gear"
Perosn on phone "yeah it will be in the brown paper bag behind the station"
Kris "your aving a laught govnor cant pick it up there"
Person on phone "Shut it it's that or nothing"
Kris "ok THERES A BEER IN IT FOR YA"

LOL Sorry just having a laugth   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

here we go... everyone is going to want it now!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Im sure we can all chip in and get your cars done... My mesh will be differnet than above... I got a mate who works at TMC to get it for me at "mates rates".... ie, staff price!

This is my mesh...

YUM YUM!   s:D :D s:D

These are the other styles that are on the pack....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"i over heard the convisation Kris had with his mate

Kris "Ave you got the gear"
Perosn on phone "yeah it will be in the brown paper bag behind the station"
Kris "your aving a laught govnor cant pick it up there"
Person on phone "Shut it it's that or nothing"
Kris "ok THERES A BEER IN IT FOR YA"

LOL Sorry just having a laugth   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Funny you should say that, cos it did cost me 2 beers!!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Would have been cheaper me paying the full price!

Hope4Sun

Just on the subject of mesh, etc, me old mate Hong has been at it again, hes started prototyping for the 2003 model front and rear and also i have included the deck lid mod he did last year, hope this helps  s:) :) s:)

new for 2003:

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Tags: