Support The Club - MR2ROC Fundraiser

Started by markiii, June 1, 2004, 09:42

markiii

Ladies & Gents,

In the last 12 months since the Comittee took over the running of the club one of the things we have prided ourselves on has been the uptime and accessibility of the website.

Many similar forums suffer from chronic overload when being hit with the constant bandwidth requirements that we generate and as a result suffer periods where they are inaccessable.

This can be put down to the industrial strength of our hosting company, and many thanks to Phil Dye and Alchemy Digital for providing this for us gratis.

With Phils departure some time ago the Committee decided that it would be both unfair and unrealistic to expect Alechemy to continue to provide us with this service indefinately and have been looking into alternative options.

We DO NOT want to return to the days of one man and his dog hosting, with all the attendant issues this brings, and feel that you the membership deserve the current high uptime of the site to continue.

However continued growth of the club (bandwidth is now in excess of many small/medium sized companies) coupled with our intention to continue with a high availability, means that we urgently need to find funds to pay for next years hosting.

This is currently estimated to be in the region of £500 (This does not include, other IT based costs nor funds for the running of the club in general, which have traditionally been funded by Merchandise sales and the Committee themselves)

With this in mind we are throwing this out to you and asking for donations to cover these costs. A donations button can be found at the bottom of each page on the main web site which will allow you to paypal the club directly.

Remember our Target is £500.

Many thanks in advance for your contributions.

The Comitteee

PS many thanks to those who have made contributions in the past, however our target starts afresh today.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Hopefully, I'm not the first with some dosh.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

markiii

Thanks Roger.

Whilst your not the first, you are one of a select bunch so far  :-) :-) :-)

Second day of teh fundraiser and we are almost a fifth of the way there.

So to all the regulars out there that haven't yet participated, thats over £400 to go, your help would be appreciated.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Come on you tight gets, your club needs you!

Think where you'd be without it, filtering 3 or 4 Mk3 related posts per day out of the 100 or so on the IMOC list, or paying you yearly membership for the MR2-DC...

Look at what you get, unrivaled comeraderie, irresistable group buys for unique high quality products, experience, expertise and problem solving at your fingertips, and an easy way to while away those boring working hours...

You've had;

The Hayward & Scott Exhaust,
The UD Sub,
Anti flex plates,
Wind deflectors,
Free reflectors,
Performance advice,
Driving tips,
Dealer discounts
The unending but irreplacable tyre reviews,
Endless discussions on how to get the best from your car,
God knows how many group buys for everything from paint to suspension to engine parts,
Free "For Sale" adverts for your otherwise hard to sell MR2 related bits,
Work carried out on your cars at meets, for free!!

Theres not a single owner here who hasnt got him or herself a free set of alloys or new belt tensioner due to the vast store of knowledge within these forums... Not one person who has not benifited and thus been able to get the maximum in enjoyment from their investment.

And heres the thing, if you want to keep it going, it needs your help.
This thing doesn't run itself you know.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

You know which button to press...

Its this one...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Hear hear!

Made my donation an hour ago and it didn't hurt a bit!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Yep, already done and going to make another one soon in thanks to GSB and Mark for sorting my cats!

Get paying!!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Do I have to make one each month, I made one a bit ago when i spotted the button....whats the average?.  Its easier with a sponsor ship form to see who is being tight.

Peter Wright

Quote from: "markiii"Remember our Target is £500.

QuoteCome on you tight gets, your club needs you!
QuoteYou know which button to press...

Perhaps it would be better to have a list of those who have contributed
or even a Bronze Silver or Gold membership on the profile to indicate who has sponsored the club

Just my thoughts
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

I dont think we really need to name and shame people, if someone wants to see the club survive then im sure they will donate some money to keep the website running, if not then thats up to them at the end of the day.

Having the rankings would also mean we would have to set a level for each and im sure people would feel happier to donate as much as they feel a reasonable amount to help out, so why put people into boxes?

At the end of it them im sure we can list all those that donated if they are happy for that.

markiii

just as a side thought, if anyone who doesn't have or want paypal wants to donate PM and we'll sort somethingout.

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"just as a side thought, if anyone who doesn't have or want paypal wants to donate PM and we'll sort somethingout.

I don't think you need to register to Paypal for that, you can pay a "paypal bill" just as anything with only a credit card info.

Personally I'm against naming the donators, that's the reason why I didn't donate anything in the last SC fundraiser  s:? :? s:?  If anyone really wants everyone to know they donated, maybe even the amount, they can always put it in their signature  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

I agree, it's not a popularity contest  :-) :-) :-)

so how do you paypal without a paypal account?

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"so how do you paypal without a paypal account?

Oops...looks like you can't after all  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

If you follow the links normally, till you get to the page that asks you to login. But instead click on the "If you do not currently have a PayPal account, Click here", then you kinda can Paypal without an account...
(but it does create one on the fly for you)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Come on guys dig deep
We've all gained info and value from this site, nobody is going to miss a few pounds... so come on
When I think of the ideas, information, help and assistance given out to all of us over the 4/5 months since I became a member (not to mention the catalogue of information prior to this) I can't believe £500 hasn't already been raised.
Nobody appears slow in asking for info/help, so payback time
Contrary to popular opinion the best things in life aren't free
Anyway got that off my chest

Anonymous

Jeeesus!! Give people a chance FFS! I reckon the people that spend all day on here have done there bit, now you'll just have to wait for the rest to filter through, it's only been 2 days Goddammit!!

Slacey

Quote from: "Stevo"Jeeesus!! Give people a chance FFS! I reckon the people that spend all day on here have done there bit, now you'll just have to wait for the rest to filter through, it's only been 2 days Goddammit!!
Can we not turn this into an argument please folks, we are endeavouring to raise money so that the club can continue as is and to ensure further expansion, and we need the support of as many members as possible - we need a little unity here!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

OK, thread back on track.......donation just made    s:D :D s:D  

Next..........................

Anonymous

Me too...   s8) 8) s8)  

Not too painful at all   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Are you going to do a totaliser like on Blue Peter   s:?: :?: s:?:  

Make an intersting addition to the main pages    s:D :D s:D

markiii

afraid my coding skills aren't up to it dave  s:-( :-( s:-(

however I can tell you we are almost half way there.

Anonymous

Well, there's another donation from me   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Myself, Kerstie, and baby dog, just have to go without food this week.  All in a good cause though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "roadsterman99"Come on guys dig deep
We've all gained info and value from this site, nobody is going to miss a few pounds... so come on
When I think of the ideas, information, help and assistance given out to all of us over the 4/5 months since I became a member (not to mention the catalogue of information prior to this)

Don't want to sound argumentative, but I agree.

MR2ROC has saved me loads, new wheels etc that I wouldn't have known were covered by warranty. I don't mind chipping in to help  s:D :D s:D

heathstimpson

Been away this week so only just seen this. Went to donate and found the paypal site unavailable. Will retry this afternoon.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

It would be good if the current balance could be posted at the end of the week to see how much has been donated in total. No names-no breakdown, just £XXX  raised since 1/6/04 or whatever.

xdesign

I followed the link to donate some money too, but I got the following msg.

Error Detected

There was a problem with the decryption of your secure order. Please contact your merchant.

Tags: