Support The Club - MR2ROC Fundraiser

Started by markiii, June 1, 2004, 09:42

Anonymous

The site was down for routine maintenance this morning... its probably just a run on from that. We will keep an eye on it.

Bongo

Just got: "There was a problem with the decryption of your secure order. Please contact your merchant."

When trying to buy visor plugs and donate.

Seems something is broken   s:( :( s:(

scottee

FYI, I jsut tried to donate, and its still doing tha same at 5pm

Error Detected  
There was a problem with the decryption of your secure order. Please contact your merchant.

Anonymous

We know and are trying to contact paypal about it.

Thanks

Anonymous

have done my bit.

and FWIW I'd be happy to pay a regular (annual?) subscription - but I know that's opening a whole can of wrigglies so informal donations like this suit me fine.

how are we doing now?

MRMike

Whats the direct paypal addy?  Still having problems with the button..
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

You should be able to make a donation to  e mailto:donations@mr2roc.org">donations@mr2roc.org e

We are still chasing paypal about the problem.

Anonymous

I know I don't visit this site as often as most, but I have no objection at all about making a donation.

It took me forever to set up a Nochex account for another club and I am more than willing to give a donation to this site, so is there any other alternative, like an address to send a cheque, or a visa/switch payment method?

Les

Tem

Les, you should PM mark  s8) 8) s8)

Quote from: "markiii"just as a side thought, if anyone who doesn't have or want paypal wants to donate PM and we'll sort somethingout.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

xdesign

OK I sent a small donation. I hope you are getting near your goal!   s:D :D s:D

Darth Paul

I'm going to make a donation soon, it's just that we're totally skint at the mo. Our eldest's 18, my father's wedding, a camping trip in Scarborough – all in the same month. The bank account is dry.

So as soon as the next lump of wages go in...

Also I have a PayPal account, but don't have a credit card set up for it. IIRC they put something on your bank statement so you can then register. I once did this and forgot to check the bank statement and register, so I'm not sure how to activate it now. So if there's an address to send a cheque to... I'll PM Mark.

But I will make a donation, god knows I've learn alot, bought alot, sold alot and met some damn fine people through this 'ere site.

Comer

Quote from: "Darth Paul"But I will make a donation, god knows I've learn alot, bought alot, sold alot and met some damn fine people through this 'ere site.

Hear hear.  

I haven't forgotten, I will be donating soon as well.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

crankshaft

It would be good if we received a automated confirmation or a automated thankyou mail acknowleding receipt of the donation. I know that paypal send you one, but an acknowledgement from the club would be better, right now i don't know whether my donation was ever received !
2001 SMT - Pete

Anonymous

Quote from: "crankshaft"It would be good if we received a automated confirmation or a automated thankyou mail acknowleding receipt of the donation. I know that paypal send you one, but an acknowledgement from the club would be better, right now i don't know whether my donation was ever received !

would be nice too!

markiii

Ladies & gents

current total is £428 from 26 donations.

We are getting close, keep em coming .

thansk.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Sam

Back from Hols!

You have mine - and keep up the good work!    s8) 8) s8)
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

mrsmr2

Agree with the confirmation.  I had to send an e-mail asking if the donation had been received.

Thank you would have been nice.
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

markiii

Ladies and Gents, I want to say something and I risk sounding arsey, so apologies if it does.

Admin hat left firmly in the office and said as me.

Firstly this thread started by saying thanks in advance,

secondly no one is judging anyone by wether they have donated or not, nor how much they choose to donate.

The reason no table of donations has been publicised is precisely because we are not trying to shame people into donating. A paypal automated receipt is sent, and I have and am happy to respond to individual queries if a doubt exists as to wether payment has been received.

I get the distinct impression that from some quaters there may be a perception that people who choose to donate are somehow doing a favour.

This club is for everyones benefit, it's purpose is to provide a home for anyone who wants to talk roadsters. Donations are going to make sure that YOU continue to have a club to make use of, the ONLY people you are doing a favour to by donating is yourselves, by ensuring that teh club continues to exist.

In an ideal world it would be nice rto see every member make a donation no matter how large or small, however it's not a point scoring contest, it's not a test of popularity and it's not a my wallets bigger than yours contest.

The only people who can truly thank you is your self and everyone else in teh club.

That said, from me personally thank you to everyone who has/is/will participate.

Mark. (Re-iterating again that this is my personal thoughts)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

With Admin Hat back on, an update on the current total to date should be coming shortly.

Slacey

Come on folks, as Mark said it matters not the amount donated - even a £1 will help.
Everybody who uses the club, whether it be just the board, to sell something or to partake in meets and events gets something out of it, so please help to ensure it's survival so that you and many more can enjoy it.

Once again, a huge thanks to all that have helped to date, and I hope I can extend that thanks to many more who will donate something in the near future.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Some more money in the kitty   s:D :D s:D  

I just hate leaving this place alone, months on end because of work commitments   s:( :( s:(

zud

Just tried to make a donation and got an error...

Error Detected

There was a problem with the decryption of your secure order. Please contact your merchant.

Is this a problem that someone needs to fix, or just a problem with my set-up? (I'm trying to access from work and sometimes hit proxy/cookie problems).  Let me know if/when it's fixed and I'll give it another go.
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Tem

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Zud... you really should read the past posts!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  We know about the error, so do Paypal, but they are being VERY slow to fix it.

You can make a donation through paypal manually by clicking on the "Send Money" link and sending a donation to  e mailto:donations@mr2roc.org">donations@mr2roc.org e

zud

Sorry, i didn't word that very well!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I'd read the posts and was aware of the past problems.  I meant to ask if it was still the same problem, a new problem or just something about my set-up... but got a bit distracted by work, and forgot the bit about the known problem!!    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Would you trust this man with your databases?!    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Tags: