Started by Liz, May 29, 2004, 10:43

Liz

Sorry to hear this, I am sure the day will come to us all when we have to get rid of the '2 for whatever reason, hope that you are happy with your ride in the future, whatever that may be.....who's up for gutting my cats then!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

GSB

Quote from: "Liz"who's up for gutting my cats then!!

You supply the car, somewhere to do it, and a post gutting beers, and I'll supply the know-how, swear words, and tools to remove the inevitable sheared studs...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "GSB"

You supply the car, somewhere to do it, and a post gutting beers, and I'll supply the know-how, swear words, and tools to remove the inevitable sheared studs...

you can both use my drive/garage if it helps
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

Quote from: "markiii"

Have you done yours yet Mark, we could get a production line going if there were a few of us there!? That of course depends on how long it takes, would it be best to lube the nuts first?? Nice offer though, may take you up on that if its OK with Grant. I will help you know what a good gofer I am now, I may not always bring the right tools but I get there in the end!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

GSB

No problem Liz, any time is good, but weekdays are better for me... Just let me know.

Marks only just had a new manifold under warranty, so his cats should be ok. The whole job should only take a couple of hours assuming all goes well, but just in case I'll bring a shed load of drill bits and some taps to rethread anything that requires it.
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

we can put my manifold on as well  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I don't suppose there is ANY chance that I could possibly jump on this wagon too is there?  I will supply loads of beer, food, whatever it takes.... These pre-cats frighten me   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Hopefully Liz will vouch for my honesty and integrity   s:D :D s:D

markiii

Quote from: "lilylaville"

I don't suppose there is ANY chance that I could possibly jump on this wagon too is there?  I will supply loads of beer, food, whatever it takes.... These pre-cats frighten me   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Hopefully Liz will vouch for my honesty and integrity   s:D :D s:D

don't see why not  :-) :-) :-)

GSB

Quote from: "lilylavilleI don't suppose there is ANY chance that I could possibly jump on this wagon too is there?  I will supply loads of beer, food, whatever it takes.... These pre-cats frighten me   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Hopefully Liz will vouch for my honesty and integrity   s:D :D s:D

don't see why not  :-) :-) :-)

Indeed, 2 manifolds in one day should be do-able...

Anonymous

Ahhhhh.....see. NOW I wish I had come to some of the meetings..............(not my fault I wasn't there may I add). I don't have the tools, the nouse or the space to do this joba nd really could do with someone who knows what they are doing at least GUIDING me through the process, if not doing the job for me! BUT, seeing as though I haven't met anyone, and it being a big job and living so far away from pretty much everyone, I am not sure I am going to get this job done ever.

Woe is me...............and worried about a time-bomb. Anyone got any suggestions?  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"Woe is me...............and worried about a time-bomb. Anyone got any suggestions?  s:? :? s:?

Yeah... get your ass to JAE to meet some of us!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

GSB

Quote from: "John Woodward"Woe is me...............and worried about a time-bomb. Anyone got any suggestions?  s:? :? s:?

Dont worry about it... I've never been to any of the meets either.

One suggestion would be to make your way down to Marks on the day in question, where you can at least meet a few members. And then even if there isnt time to get to your car, you'll at least have seen in minute detail how to do it yourself once you've invested £30 in a trolley jack and a set of axle stands at Halfords.

GSB

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Yeah... get your ass to JAE to meet some of us!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Also a very good suggestion...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

I can bring my own trolley jack as well, I will beat the cats out myself once the manifold is off! And I can vouch for Kelly!  s:D :D s:D

GSB

Quote from: "Liz"I can bring my own trolley jack as well, I will beat the cats out myself once the manifold is off!

So I get all the burns and skinned knuckles, and you get all the fun?

Anonymous

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! Not sure about JAE, although I would like to go. I have to check on that one. As for getting to Marks, possibly.........might not be a bad idea. I will check with the other half on that one too!!!

Will get back to all. This might not be a bad idea..........

Liz

Sounds fair to me   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

I can make the 11th June after work - I finish at 15.45 can get to Marks by about 4.30?

Mods can this topic be split, I have the power to mod but frightened I may break something!!

GSB

Quote from: "Liz"I can make the 11th June after work - I finish at 15.45 can get to Marks by about 4.30?

Mods can this topic be split, I have the power to mod but frightened I may break something!!

No can do... Heading out to Le Mans for the 24hr race...

Liz

18th????

GSB

Nope, no good either. And the week after is just a nightmare...

Given the need to get the car on the road again on the same day, and the potential for bolts to shear and cause many hours of grief, it'd be better to start a bit earlier anyway, especially as we're going to do two cars. I've got the 14th and the 17th off, and I'm not doing anything yet, so either of those days is good, and a 10am start would be good too, as we really dont want to be rushing the job, or waiting to long for cars to cool down enough to work on them...

Liz

Can do the 14th!! Off all day

GSB

14th it is then, Hows that for Lilly and John?

Liz

Where are we going to do them????

Where's my avatar!!

Anonymous

14th of this month? Thats a Monday isn't it? I am going to need directions and I should be there, if that is Ok?

You guys are stars!

Is there any prep on the car that might need doing beforehand, like freeing oil or things before I get there?

Better go and ask the boss if I can have the day off, but I don't think it is going to be a problem. Mark me in!!!

Just need those directions.........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: