Started by Liz, May 29, 2004, 10:43

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "Liz"Thanks for the pictures Kelly, I am now on a diet!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Maybe I'll come along to the next one, then you can all feel good about your weight in comparison  s;) ;) s;)

At least I won't be the shortest person there if John comes  s;) ;) s;)  (I'm only 5'9", just a tiddler really..) (Sorry John  s:) :) s:) )

Aaron

Heh heh......don 't worry about it Aaron. There are few that ARE shorter than me, so I am used to whatever gets thrown my way!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I wish I was 5'9"!!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

Quote from: "mph"Something that hasn't been stated loudly and obviously enough for my liking is how amazing Liz's '2 sounds now. The combination of the A'PEXi intake, decatted manifold and H&S exhaust should be considered a must have for those who long for that real sports car sound.

Damn right, Having heard the stock exhaust the other day for the first time in a very long time, I couldnt be happier that mine is gathering dust in the corner rather than bolted to the back of my car... It truly is a piece of crap. The H&S is enough to assure you of 100% sportscar credibility on its own, add a decatted manifold, and you get it in Dolby Digital 5.1. For seasoning, add Intake system to taste, its certianly not nessesary, but theres no denying that it adds a certain enrichment to the sound.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Liz

How sad is this, I have been driving around with the radio off just so I can listen to it  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  , it sounds sooooooo good  s8) 8) s8)  , deliberately changing down gears and booming off and laughing out loud at the pop sounds when slowing down, people must think that I escaped from a local asylum!! Thankyou again for making my car sound so much better!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"
Quote from: "mph"Something that hasn't been stated loudly and obviously enough for my liking is how amazing Liz's '2 sounds now. The combination of the A'PEXi intake, decatted manifold and H&S exhaust should be considered a must have for those who long for that real sports car sound.

Damn right, Having heard the stock exhaust the other day for the first time in a very long time, I couldnt be happier that mine is gathering dust in the corner rather than bolted to the back of my car... It truly is a piece of crap. The H&S is enough to assure you of 100% sportscar credibility on its own, add a decatted manifold, and you get it in Dolby Digital 5.1. For seasoning, add Intake system to taste, its certianly not nessesary, but theres no denying that it adds a certain enrichment to the sound.

I take it you mean mine then Grant?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I know now. Only had the cats done and its made enough of a difference for me to start seriously considering doing something with the exhaust.............and here is me. Mr Anti-Mod eh?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   You're all a bunch of swines making me want to spend money!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

And Liz's car DEFINATELY sounded pretty wicked! Don't worry Liz. Any car that sounds that good now should have no stereo at all! The engine is music enough!! Enjoy it!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"I take it you mean mine then Grant?

.........and mine   s:( :( s:(

Comer

Quote from: "GSB"

I like mine at the minute with the A'pexi and H&S but please let me know of a future decat meet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

GSB

Quote from: "lilylaville"
Quote from: "John Woodward"I take it you mean mine then Grant?

.........and mine   s:( :( s:(

Dont fret, Its not the end of the world... I suffered great pains so that others may benefit. (Well, I lived without the car for a week while they made the prototype, not exactly suffering, but it was sunny and I had to drive a tin-top, so it was pretty bad...)

Clicky-clicky...  m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91 m
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

filcee

Quote from: "Liz"How sad is this, I have been driving around with the radio off just so I can listen to it :

Not sad at all ....

I am known to roll down the windows to listen to passing alfas, ferraris, astons, lambos ....

Just wish my '2 sounded as good, or my wallet could support such grin-tastic mods
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

heathstimpson

Does it really sound that much better without precats along with the H&S system  s:?: :?: s:?:  I may have to get rid of them earlier rather than wait another two years for the warrenty to end  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Liz

Call me biased if you like, but if you think of where the pre-cats were is now like an echo chamber now they are empty, the airflow is no longer restricted and booms around the empty area, not a very technical description but how it appears to me.

And people notice it....

I had to have my wheel alignment done...didn't I Martin..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ... and when I was reversing out of the garage where I had it done, the man said that sounds really good what have you had done...they do know my car there so he noticed a difference. And today going down a country lane , nearing a bend I had to pass two cyclists, slowed right down and the lady said to her husband, that sounded nice...never had compliments before about how it sounds before and that has been two in a week....do it!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Liz"Call me biased if you like, but if you think of where the pre-cats were is now like an echo chamber now they are empty, the airflow is no longer restricted and booms around the empty area, not a very technical description but how it appears to me.

And people notice it....

I had to have my wheel alignment done...didn't I Martin..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ... and when I was reversing out of the garage where I had it done, the man said that sounds really good what have you had done...they do know my car there so he noticed a difference. And today going down a country lane , nearing a bend I had to pass two cyclists, slowed right down and the lady said to her husband, that sounded nice...never had compliments before about how it sounds before and that has been two in a week....do it!
Nice one; must sound awesome  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: