Started by Liz, May 29, 2004, 10:43

GSB

Quote from: "Liz"Where are we going to do them????

Where's my avatar!!

Mark, are you okay with this? There will be;

Me,
Liz,
Lillylaville (if she can make it)
and John Woodward.

i.e. 2 or 3 decats, plus your manifold whcih should be the quickest of the bunch to do... I'll bring along some of my special F'in High Temperature grease  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

is a trolley jack neccesary?or will the standard jak do the job?

was going to attempt to gut mine today, but it hasnt stopped raining all day   s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(

GSB

Not neccesary at all, you could use ramps if you prefer.

I use a trolley jack to lift the whole rear end onto axle stands, simply because I dont have any ramps.

Whatever you do, dont get under the car if its just supported on a jack.
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

14th Ok with me, I'll book teh day off  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

Well, that is me and Kelly up for that day!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

GSB

Excellent, now all we need is the weather...

I'll bring along:

A trolley jack of pathetic proportions that fits in the back of my car,
A set of axle stands,
A drill and several drill bits,
Taps and dies, to re-cut any damaged threads.
high temperature grease
High temperature anti sieze compound.
General Tookit.

Anything I dont have, Mark will have in his garage, so its unlikely anyone will need to bring thier own tools.

One thing everyone will need is new gaskets. The part number and price is in my original post from when I gutted my cats.

Anyone of a sensitive dispostion should be aware that I'm an engineer. As such any F, B or C words (or indeed any combination of F's, B's, C's plus others you probably wont have heard before) you hear uttered from beneath your car are in fact very technical engineering terms, and not the common or garden olde english vulgarities you might hear in the more un-savoury pubs of the area...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

My boss isn't around right now to ask about the 14th, but I really don't envisage it being a problem, so put me down as a 99% defo.

I shall look into getting the gasket ASAP ready for the day and will look forward to it.

And don't worry about the expletives either. I am a scientist and if you work in an envirnment where 99 times out of 100 NOTHING WORKS, you get to hear the best of the Queens language, I can tell you. I may have to just join you in a rant in frustration!!!

Cheers guys. This is going to take a lot off my mind...........

Will PM about directions nearer the time.........

Anonymous

And I work in IT so no problem with expletives there!  Yep I'm back online!! Decided that allowing the whole of the Education network to be able to access Match making sites was far less of a problem than me not being able to join in on this conversation!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

The 14th is fine with me as Liz says and I REALLY do appreciate it.  Should I bring anything apart from loads of moral support, praise and encouragement?  oh yeah and beer and cake   s:) :) s:)

Liz

Girl question time......Do Kelly and I need to get gaskets, if so what do we ask for???

GSB

Quote from: "Liz"Girl question time......Do Kelly and I need to get gaskets, if so what do we ask for???

Liz, you of all people should know how to use the search button by now...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

You need a pair of Manifold to main cat gaskets, held in stock by most main dealers, £5.22 for a pair.

Part number is T90917-06065[/quote]

GSB

One other thing...

Not only will I be requiring refreshing beverages delivered to me throughout the day, as well as unquestioning sympathy every time I graze a knuckle, and compulsory wearing of very short skirts for all ladies present  s:wink: :wink: s:wink: , (Well, there has to be some incentive to spend half the day lying on a very-very uncomfortable gravel driveway!) I would like to politely request that if any of you wish to express your gratitiude for works carried out you do so by making a donation to the club. If you dont like the sound of that, blame MR Mike, it was his idea!!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"One other thing...

I would like to politely request that if any of you wish to express your gratitiude for works carried out you do so by making a donation to the club. If you dont like the sound of that, blame MR Mike, it was his idea!!!!

But of course!  Not sure about the short skirt bit though, I think you'd prefer to keep your breakfast down wouldn't you   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

ah well looks like skimpy tops the   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"ah well looks like skimpy tops the   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

A slightly better option!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thanks for providing the venue et al   s:D :D s:D

Liz

I will bring an exercise mat for you to lay down on, that will save your back!!

As for short skirts, cellulite is an ugly word!

I will put another donation into the club for sure, more than worth it!

Anonymous

I can wear a short skirt if you like? Comedy value and bring a light hearted moment to what is a most serious situation.................  s:( :( s:(    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Already donated, but will be MORE than willing to donate again for this mate. Not a problem. I was going to ask you personally if you wanted anything for it anyway cos its a big job and I thought it only fair (me being so crap and all..............  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ). If you are willing for the donation to go to the club, then fair enough, but I am more than willing to make a donation directly to your good self if you like?

Right, will look into getting the gaskets later. Cheers for posting that again. Saves me that extra click on the search button and me using energy to move my wrist that one more time........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

You turn up in a skirt John, and I will be charging...

Anonymous

Right, Iam coming in a suit then!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Going to pop out in my break to get these gaskets, John, Kelly do you want me to pick u up some, you have until 11.00am to answer!

mph

Watch out, looks like I'll be around to get in the way as well...   s:) :) s:)
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

GSB

Hmm... havent you already gotten rid of your pre-cats Martin?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

You'll have to take me up the road in the infamous turbo'2...

mph

My NA manifold is untouched in Mark's garage as it so happens - well that's what he's been telling me..
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

markiii

hypothetically, what are ebays rules rergarding getting back stuff you've sold?   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Liz

Want some gaskets Martin - 19 mins to go!

mph

No, just a car Liz - still waiting for the garage to get around to fixing the SMT   s:? :? s:?
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Tags: