Started by Liz, May 29, 2004, 10:43

Liz

Err, not enough in the bank for that one!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Liz

Been out and got them, I got 6 of them so a set for Kelly and John, if they have them already, then I have a few spares, I am sure that they will come in useful

GSB

Superb...

Now, If I can once again ask really-really nicely... Can everyone make sure they've liberally soaked the lower cat to manifold bolts in plusgas or some other penetrating oil before they come round?

Yes, you will have to get dirty to do it, and yes you do have to crawl under the car. Try parking with one wheel up on the kerb for to make it easier. You need to get to the three nuts that hold the front of the cat to the manifold, the joint lies inbetween the back of the sump and the offside driveshaft where it passes behind the engine.

Its a pain, but believe me when I say 10 minutes of your time can save a couple of hours of mine!

Cheers!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"Superb...

Can everyone make sure they've liberally soaked the lower cat to manifold bolts in plusgas or some other penetrating oil before they come round?

Yes, you will have to get dirty to do it, and yes you do have to crawl under the car. Try parking with one wheel up on the kerb for to make it easier. You need to get to the three nuts that hold the front of the cat to the manifold, the joint lies inbetween the back of the sump and the offside driveshaft where it passes behind the engine.

Its a pain, but believe me when I say 10 minutes of your time can save a couple of hours of mine!

Cheers!

Eeek!  Do you have a map? Only kidding I'll locate the bolts.  Would baby oil do for the penetrating oil?    s:P :P s:P    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   Don't worry I understand (barely).

liz - Thanks so much for picking up the parts for me, just managed to sort out this filtering problem as it went all bandy again.

GSB

Quote from: "lilylaville"Would baby oil do for the penetrating oil?

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Errr... Yes it would, but I'm not entirely sure we're talking about the same thing anymore! Feel free to bring some along anyway  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'll get me coat...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Whey HEY!!! BABY OIL!!!!............

I just got here, can you tell?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Liz, you are a star. I haven't been around on the board for a little while cos, beleive it or not, I was actually working! So I have only just got to this thread.

But a BIG thanks for getting those gaskets Liz. That is brilliant. I was going to go and pop to the local MrT this weekend (which ISN'T very local at all), but you have saved me a good hours journey. Cheers for that. Do you want the money in advance or do you want it sent to you?

Let us know, but cheers again Liz!!!

Liz

Pay me on the day, £2.22 each + VAT, no worries, whilst I got mine no problems buying 2 more sets. Only around the corner from where I work!

Anonymous

Baby oil? Did I miss summink?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Finally fathomed out this filtering problem - it filters out the  w www.mr2roc.org w  website but not the .co.uk weird but our ISp support are on the case.  At least I can get back to viewing these pages!

Liz

Do you want me to bring my trolley jack then?? I am going to buy some axel stands as well

GSB

No need really Liz, I'll have some and So will Mark

Anonymous

GSB, where do i get this pusgas stuff from? halfords? is it better that the ol' WD40? it is a lubricant isnt it?   s:? :? s:?

GSB

Try Halfords. Its a penetratiing oil.

Slacey

I bought some penetrating oil from Halfords to do mine (can't remember which brand, but may have been Castrol) and it was the nuts - I only sprayed some on half an hour before attemting the job, and not one nut / bolt was seized or any trouble to get out  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

Just had a thought, I've got this new Diagnostics port reader with a built in dyno program. Think of it as a poor mans dyno with all the human error removed and you get the idea of what the software does.

Now, whilst the numbers should in no way be considered definitive in real terms, they are accurate enough for comparison of before and after runs which will give us a very good idea of what precat gutting does to power outputs. Especially if carried out on 2 or 3 different cars. Mark can also use it for the job he wants to do.

Theres just one thing we need to complete my master plan, a laptop that can remain unplugged for longer than 10 minutes without running out of juice!

Anyone?

mph

Quote from: "GSB"Theres just one thing we need to complete my master plan, a laptop that can remain unplugged for longer than 10 minutes without running out of juice!
Anyone?
I would've thought Mark's got one, if not I'll bring either the laptop or the tablet with me.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

markiii

i do indeed, what ports do we require?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Just a serial port and a CD rom drive...

markiii

easy, tis done.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

Martin, are you coming along now for definiate!!?  s:) :) s:)

mph

As definite as I can be, yep, I should be along   s:) :) s:)
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

mph

I'll be there, but not in the '2, soz..  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

markiii

still arriving on sunday?

mph

Yep. Can't give you a time yet as it's dependent how well Sat goes..
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Liz

I am just about to go outside and lube my nuts!

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Liz"I am just about to go outside and lube my nuts!

Nice!  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: