Started by Liz, May 29, 2004, 10:43

Slacey

Whatever you do tomorrow, don't cross-thread your O2's.... I did and now I'm screwed to say the least, as I completely knackered the manifold trying to correct the problem  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

on gutting cats, mine passed the mot with no pre-cats so good luck and happy guttin.  s:D :D s:D

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"Whatever you do tomorrow, don't cross-thread your O2's.... I did and now I'm screwed to say the least, as I completely knackered the manifold trying to correct the problem  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

I already did  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I just went to get a new bolt instead of trying to fix it. It was only euro.something and luckily the threadin the manifold was still ok..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"....luckily the threadin the manifold was still ok..
Unfortunately mine wasn't and the car is now undriveable - an appeal for a spare manifold will be appearing later today if I don't turn up anything soon  s:? :? s:?

markiii

I'm seeing Martin tonight I'll ask him for you.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Just about to lube my nuts too!!!!

markiii

to all lubing, please do teh nuts around teh heatshield and your 02 sensors as well.

thanks
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"Unfortunately mine wasn't and the car is now undriveable - an appeal for a spare manifold will be appearing later today if I don't turn up anything soon  s:? :? s:?

Surely spare manifold is the easiest option...but I'm sure you could just drill the hole open and use a general bolt+nut instead of the stock ones. Already thought of that when I was buying the new bolt...

markiii

Sean actuallycross threaded the 02 sensor itself, so uit's teh 02 bung thats is knackered.

might be worth ringing a loal exghaust shop and seeing if they could weld a new bung on for you?

Liz

I have tried to get underneath to lube em but I had trouble without taking the nappy off  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  , I will spray as much as I can though.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"Sean actuallycross threaded the 02 sensor itself

Oops, should've read more carefully, he even said so  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

You're probably right, muffler shops can make O2 bungs to pipes where they don't exist, so surely they can replace an existing one as well.

Slacey

It looks like you may have an extra visitor tomorrow as Grant may well be my saviour....  s:D :D s:D

Liz

Yeah!! More the merrier, be good to see you there and hope that the car gets sorted out   s:) :) s:)   Will anyone else be offended if I wear my baseball cap!?

Slacey

Confirmed, I will be there - although in the Yaris  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Right, Iam about to set off in about half an hour. I will be there hopefully in about 1 1/2 hours. Hope this is OK with everyone?

Will be good to meet a few people!!! Oh, and get the pre-cats out hopefully...........  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

See you in a bit!!

Liz

A Big big big thankyou especially to Grant for taking time out to do this  today, my car sounds bloody awesome now, lovely bubbles and burbs when slowing down and sounds great on acceleration.

Thanks to Mark for the hospitality as usual, and to Martin the fastest sandwich maker in the west, oh,  and driver  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ! Great to see you again Kelly and to meet Phil (hope his cold gets better soon) and nice to meet you John, you went on your test run, we waited for a while and had to go.
Hope that yours goes on OK Sean...

Thankyou all very much for a nice day!  s:D :D s:D

Donation on its way

Anonymous

Just got back. I would also like to say a BIG thank you to both Mark (nice place you have there!) and to grant who worked his much admired arse off (Kerry?!!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) to get the cars done. Seriously, seriously appreciated and there is going to be another large donation going to the club for it. I feel I should have repaid you in person (oo-er), but not sure how or what would have been suffice.

As for the car? What a lovely burble it has now and it really has some lovely improved 3rd gear pick up. I think there may be a case to say the torque may have increased a little. Definately felt like it.........

And I am sorry I didn't get to see Kerry, Phil and Liz go and it was good to meet Martin. I got lost on my test drive (I was half way up the A1 slip road before I realised I had gone the wrong way and ended up in Stevanage!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ), but it was great to put some faces to names. Hope you find your bulbs Kerry! And hope the cold goes soon Phil! And NICE sounding motor now Liz!!! Thanks all once again for a really good day and now I have no worries about my motor going bang now.

All of you, get out there and do it!!!!

Thanks again guys!

Slacey

Just to let you know, I got back and started work straight away... and then struggled for an hour with a rounded off bolt (which came off no problem last time), eventually fixed the problem though. So, the borrowed header is on and all is well again - just got to find somewhere to fix my original one now.
Thanks again to Grant for saving my bacon, and I hope you guys now enjoy your gutted cars without worry  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Repeating all of the above - THANK YOU, THANK YOU Grant for your hard work (and no, I wasn't looking at his butt, just wondering how he was going to get all of that grease out of his shorts - honest guv!),Mark thank you for the great hospitality (fantastic pad you have there), Martin, thank you for the fantastic passenger ride   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .  John, thank you for driving me round unsuccesfully for bulbs but succesfully for ice lollies   s:D :D s:D  .  Liz, thanks for the gaskets and for the perforated eardrums in the tunnels   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Sean it was great to meet you too!

Looking forward to seeing more faces at JAE.  I'll post some pics of today when I get to work tomorrow.  Take care all!

GSB

Quote from: "lilylaville"(and no, I wasn't looking at his butt, just wondering how he was going to get all of that grease out of his shorts - honest guv!),

Get the what of of my shorts?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Ahh yes, the grease... well most of its already out. When I got in I threw everything I was wearing into the washing machine (including the shoes!) and then jumped in the shower and washed 4 cars worth of grime, grease, penetrating oil and rusty bits out of my hair... Unfortunatley, this seems to have written off the bath, and resulted in a failed attempt to get to the shops to get some bathroom cleaner before my tidier, better half came home!

Thanks to Mark for the constant stream of chilled Stellas, and the use of his driveway. And thanks to the builders whose skip now contains the remains of no less than 5 sets of precats!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Liz

How's the PPE Mark, or are you still out driving!!?

Anonymous

GSB wrote:
QuoteAhh yes, the grease... well most of its already out. When I got in I threw everything I was wearing into the washing machine (including the shoes!) and then jumped in the shower and washed 4 cars worth of grime, grease, penetrating oil and rusty bits out of my hair... Unfortunatley, this seems to have written off the bath, and resulted in a failed attempt to get to the shops to get some bathroom cleaner before my tidier, better half came home!

DOH!!!!!!!!!

If its any consolation Grant, it was worth it............  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Tell his better half that when she has to scrub the bath out, tell her sorry from us!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

And here's me thinking Grant was a modern man and would clean up after himself.............  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

Quote from: "Liz"How's the PPE Mark, or are you still out driving!!?

don't ask,

lets just say when you add the slight marigin of error of teh PPE, to teh slight margin of error of the H7s 9in teh opposite direction) you have a downpipe that won't actually fit.  s:-( :-( s:-(

so the old stuff (minus precats) went back on for now.

This will require some thought.

Tags: