70K service.

Started by Pavett1990, December 19, 2012, 15:01

Pavett1990

i have my major service due this month however i will be having it done in Jan.
does anyone know of any decent garages in the south wales are.. called around a few places and at the moment the cheapest place at £209 is Mr T   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Anonymous

£209 for a major service sounds ok.

StuC

Mine was £140 from MattPerformance!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Treboeth

Ash how long to get to Matt as if you go to his at least you have the confidence of a job well done by someone who knows what they are doing.

StuC

+1 on that. Very happy with my recent service. Plenty of others too  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

MattPerformance

Actually, according to the manufacturer's schedule a 70k service is a basic service for which I charge £85.  Where on earth they get £209 from I don't know!!!

However, there are a few items that can lead to additional costs (air filter for example - gets checked on every service but only replaced if necessary, brake fluid, engine coolant...) but normally these NEVER coincide with a 70k service since they should fall at every other year or multiples of 20, 40 or 60k!

Be warned though, when you come to me I check the car so thoroughly that I sometimes find things that should have been done years before but have been overlooked so the price can creep up (as opposed to "jump" up like you might have experienced at a main dealer!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink: )

MattPerformance

When I say creep up, I obviously mean subject to the customer's approval  s:) :) s:)

Pavett1990

Il have to check the service book I'm sure in there it's a major.. Matt where are you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

MattPerformance

B46 1NS
East side of Birmingham a few miles from the NEC.

Tags: