Need help, looking for a Knob

Started by Anonymous, January 7, 2013, 13:13

mrzwei

Determined to prove you lot wrong, I did some quick research and found that Ripspeed was taken over by Halfords in 1999 and the first thing they did was to get rid of the motorsport division to concentrate on the 'boy racer' market!

My lottery numbers this week are .. don't bother   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

dj2k21

Oh not disputing they were probably once a grest name. But now they are not. Halfords are appauling.there is nothing they sell that u cant get cheaper.  There staff have as much knowledge of cars as I do of quantum physics., and there ripspeed stuff is utter tosh lol.  

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "dj2k21"Oh not disputing they were probably once a grest name. But now they are not. Halfords are appauling.there is nothing they sell that u cant get cheaper.  There staff have as much knowledge of cars as I do of quantum physics., and there ripspeed stuff is utter tosh lol.  

+1

StuC

You said you wanted cobra style well I think then I have found the perfect thing for you...

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Only £8.60 from here
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Anonymous

does it breathe fire? if not. not interested :p

StuC

I am sure it can be modified!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Zonda_

Want to change the gear knob for a metal type,  show me what you got and where from please!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

StuC

Already a discussion started today in the General section...

linky

Zonda_

Yes but that's exactly the type I don't want!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

StuC

These aren't all leather or half leather though.   s:D :D s:D

dj2k21

I have the trd leather ball type one and it fits awesomely in your hand.  I had a metal one in my old saxo and it freezing cold lol however the weight of it did entice a more positive shift though.

[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

StuC

After a day of talking knobs I have gone and ordered one of these...  Thanks Vinxy  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Anonymous

No worries. Member to upload a picture when its in your ride

Zonda_

Quote from: "StuC"After a day of talking knobs I have gone and ordered one of these...  Thanks Vinxy  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Where did you order it from?

Anonymous

Ive always like the thought of a knob with a Flip lid and red button like a fighter jet! I dont really care what the function of button is used for, just being able to press it!  s:D :D s:D

StuC

Quote from: "Zonda_"Where did you order it from?

It was an eBay place £34.99 with free delivery. Can pm you the seller name if you want.

Jay67

Quote from: "Carbon RX"Ive always like the thought of a knob with a Flip lid and red button like a fighter jet! I dont really care what the function of button is used for, just being able to press it!  s:D :D s:D
saw one online a while ago with an engine start button under a flip top, was tempted but figured i'd end up just sat on the drive humming the James Bond theme & starting and stopping the engine till the battery went flat   s:D :D s:D  ....i'll stick with my chrome Momo one despite it staying below freezing for the entire winter!
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Treboeth

l viewtopic.php?f=38&t=30123&hilit=spider+gear+knob l

It has to be one of these if you venture into the animal kingdom  s:D :D s:D

onion86

Quote from: "Treboeth"http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=30123&hilit=spider+gear+knob

It has to be one of these if you venture into the animal kingdom  s:D :D s:D
Seen Jason's in his 'ex' green, was veeeery nice looking.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Richard41

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "Zonda_"Where did you order it from?

It was an eBay place £34.99 with free delivery. Can pm you the seller name if you want.

And me please, photo of it on when it arrives if you don't mind   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jay67"
Quote from: "Carbon RX"Ive always like the thought of a knob with a Flip lid and red button like a fighter jet! I dont really care what the function of button is used for, just being able to press it!  s:D :D s:D
saw one online a while ago with an engine start button under a flip top, was tempted but figured i'd end up just sat on the drive humming the James Bond theme & starting and stopping the engine till the battery went flat   s:D :D s:D  ....i'll stick with my chrome Momo one despite it staying below freezing for the entire winter!

Hello!!!  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEAR-STICK-KN ... 0469997010 m

its tempting!

StuC

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  do it!!

Anonymous

hell no! its tacky

StuC

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?
Did I mentioned it was flip top and has a button?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

the rest of it looks like a childs play thing!

Tags: