Need help, looking for a Knob

Started by Anonymous, January 7, 2013, 13:13

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jay67"
Quote from: "Carbon RX"Ive always like the thought of a knob with a Flip lid and red button like a fighter jet! I dont really care what the function of button is used for, just being able to press it!  s:D :D s:D
saw one online a while ago with an engine start button under a flip top, was tempted but figured i'd end up just sat on the drive humming the James Bond theme & starting and stopping the engine till the battery went flat   s:D :D s:D  ....i'll stick with my chrome Momo one despite it staying below freezing for the entire winter!

Ahh Jay full of Win right there!   s:D :D s:D  

Quote from: "dj vinxy"
Quote from: "Carbon RX"Ive always like the thought of a knob with a Flip lid and red button like a fighter jet! I dont really care what the function of button is used for, just being able to press it!  s:D :D s:D
saw one online a while ago with an engine start button under a flip top, was tempted but figured i'd end up just sat on the drive humming the James Bond theme & starting and stopping the engine till the battery went flat  s:D :D s:D  ....i'll stick with my chrome Momo one despite it staying below freezing for the entire winter!

Hello!!!  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEAR-STICK-KN ... 0469997010 m

its tempting!

Haha! someone do this! There must be a selection somewhere to choose from meeting both asthetics plus fun times!  s:D :D s:D

StuC

You steppin forward then Scott? DJ wasn't havin any of it!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Zonda_

How does the original knob come off,  is it a screw off or pull off?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Jay67

Quote from: "Zonda_"How does the original knob come off,  is it a screw off or pull off?
it's a screw on knob
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Jay67

yeah go on Scott, imagine all the fun you can have flipping your top and pressing your button   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Jason

Anonymous

Guys...

This is a picture taken from a post by Ikrana.

How do i shorten the stick? is there an easy way?

I like the shorter stump!

StuC

i know there was one member on here that just took to the gearstick with a hacksaw!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

ive seen that too.. but not sure thats the best advice /route

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuC"You steppin forward then Scott? DJ wasn't havin any of it!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

My knobs still like new due to the mileage the cars done so no need to replace just yet, plus im sticking to modding just one car for now anyway my purse is getting quite light with the carbon sideskirts, rear over fenders and SSR wheels ive recently bought!   s:D :D s:D  

I do have a push button start in the RX7 so would be quite easy to rewire into the relay if was to go push button knob in that car, but i have a Trust knob in that which me likeys so someone else please take the lead...... Stu!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuC"i know there was one member on here that just took to the gearstick with a hacksaw!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Most AM knobs have a small singular allen screw which clamps it on to the stalk. It makes no difference to this if you cut the stalk down but you may never return a st. knob back again. Also some stalks are bent and so you may have issues there, i cant comment as never looked! Prob best checking a short shift install thread to check first.

StuC

Quote from: "Carbon RX"so someone else please take the lead...... Stu!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

It is a shame that my Momo King lovliness turned up this morning, damn!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Someone else will have to do it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

PICTURE!!!!! I wana see if it looks any good in ur car.

StuC

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
will be the weekend before I can sort it out. It is dark (and frozen last night!!!  s:-( :-( s:-(  )before I get home!!

StuC

Vinxy - got home unwrapped it and thought, as it was you, I'd make the extra effort to get you a picture of my shiny knob in my 2. Is this what you meant?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

simers

Awful smart stu haha... I like  s:) :) s:)
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Anonymous

Lol awesome... but thats cheating.

One thing I noticed is when I bought my car it had chrome rings around the heater controls are they not stock? Mines post facelift.

Jay67

well if we're showing off our shiny gear knobs!
 s8) 8) s8)
Jason

Anonymous

Helloooooo pimp my ride... how much carbon fibre eh jason?
Looks great, reds not my colour tbh.
Do you mind me asking, HOw did u shorten your gear stick?

Jay67

short shifter, cheap fleabay one so it sits off centre but works ok, tis only carbon fibre look vinyl not the real thing  s:) :) s:)
Jason

Anonymous

Easy to fit?

Jay67

Quote from: "dj vinxy"Easy to fit?
yeah not difficult to do, just takes a bit of getting used to
Jason

onion86

Quote from: "dj vinxy"One thing I noticed is when I bought my car it had chrome rings around the heater controls are they not stock? Mines post facelift.
They were a FL addition (like my pic on page 1).

Quote from: "dj vinxy"Easy to fit?
yeah not difficult to do, just takes a bit of getting used to
Short shifter makes a nice difference:  m http://www.azekiel.co.uk/mrs/mods/shortshifter.html m  (I have a TRD one now)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Zonda_

My Momo King arrived today but I don't like it, if anyone wants to buy it please let me know before I put it on ebay.

2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

StuC

What dont you like about it? Have you tried to fit it?

Zonda_

It's too large for my liking, I prefer a smaller one!

Tags: