Japanese Import Issues...

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2003, 22:44

Anonymous

I am looking to buy a 00/99 MR2 import in the next couple of weeks...
Other than the badges, and slight differences in nobs and gadgets mentioned elsewhere, are there any real differences / conversions I should look out for.  For example, I know Mitsubishi GPX's need some sort of under sealing for the UK - stop grime, salt etc that they don't get so muchof Japan.  Is it a similar case for MR2s?? Any other buying advice would be gratefully received.  
Thanks!

ps anyone had any experiences with Bristol based "Car Imports Direct"? or suggest any other good importer around Glos/Bristol area?

- sorry too many questions for a newbie!!

Anonymous

Cue Adam/Jap GT300 (who runs an import business  s:) :) s:)  )...

Jap GT300

All Japanese imports will need undersealing, as far as i am aware to date they dont rubber spray any of the cars.  My cars have never been sealed but I haven't had trouble with them.  They wont show signs of rust for about 10 or so years.

The other thing you will have to remember is to fill up with premium fuel as they run between 98-100 octane.  The car has a different compression to the UK car and also has a different ECU.  The Main CAT on the exhaust doesn't have an O2 sensor so it is easy to fit a down pipe.

Prices for an MR-S in Japan are very cheap and you often get aircon or sports equipment and bodykits.

If you would like me to source you one or get info and prices then PM or email me.

Thanks Adam

Anonymous

Thanks for the tips and the offer.  I'm really impatient though and don't know if I could wait that long to ship one over - also I'm looking to spend around 11-12k not a new car - I don't suppose you stock them?

Jap GT300

I have got two at the moment but they are fairly heavily modified.  There are pictures on my website.  Although this seems to have gone down today.

Check  w www.gtinter.com w  Both MR-S are Green & Tan

Tags: