How much £££ have you spent?

Started by XI Thomas IX, January 17, 2013, 02:48

Maverikk

I've spent about £100 so far, boom! That will treble by end of next month.

steve b

Car cost me £3750 in April 2011.  Bill for engine replacement after failure with a 2ZZGE and associated works £6000.

To think I bought the MR2 because I didn't want to spend £9K on another VX220 or Elise after mine was written off.. Must admit I secretly think the MR2's a better all round car now with the 2ZZGE than an Elise or VX, however it doesn't look anywhere near as cool so not quite the same happy smiley feeling when you come out the house and see it on the drive.

I also had a bit of a cringe yesterday when I was hovering over the Greddy Supercharger kit & Ksport brake kit thinking that'd take the car in to could have bought a nice 996 Carrera 2 or 987 Boxster S territory.  However in the fun chuckable way the MR2's better than either of them.... but it is crap at Euro road trips which a Boxster or 996 would be great for.... :-/ hard to ever justify cars..
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Richard41

I did get a bargain, helps if your neighbours best mate owns a body shop   s:D :D s:D  

He agreed the price before seeing the car which I think he may have regetted, was struggling though one of his two sites closed shortly after my car was done.

Quote from: "onion86"I got quoted £700 just to do the respray on these:

But then again everything is expensive here!
Ended up paying £400 from a friend of a friend which I was told was cheap for doing fibreglass (evidently from the quotes I'd had). That was agreed price before he found out Sable paint was £62 a litre which sounded very expensive the way he was saying it!

Hmm the topic seems to have strayed!

Mightyquin

Blimey, some of you spend a LOT!

I've spent about £80 on mine since I bought in last August (mats, car care products, dust cover) although I do want to fit leather seats, and I need to get it to my mechanic to check the precats, and have an engine/gearbox oil change, so there are expenses to come!

simers

Before my car got destroyed on me it was standing me €4500... Bought car for 1800 damaged, had on road for 2200 after I repaired it myself... Then engine went bang and that cost me a thousand to rebuild... Then it was kit and respray in red and then general upkeep... I didn't even have it a year....
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

PhillRC

ive spent just over 1K and about too spend from 1-2k on a roll cage, wheels, tyres, seats and harnesses then i can say its done.    maybe

onion86

Quote from: "PhillRC"ive spent just over 1K and about too spend from 1-2k on a roll cage, wheels, tyres, seats and harnesses then i can say its done.    maybe
It'll never be done, you'll always find something else to do  s;) ;) s;)

When my last '2 was 'done', I put it back to stock, sold it and bought a new car to start on  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Tags: