£500 - the diff in trade value betw uk and uk-spec imports

Started by Anonymous, June 5, 2004, 09:37

Anonymous

...this is what I was told on being made an offer on my car by a Toyota dealer as a straight purchase from me.

I would say that it's a lot less of a difference than some would like to think

Anonymous

I have a dutch import uk spec, but now, with the treatment i've had with my car by Toyota i.e. all positive, euro-import not making a difference, getting extended warranty through the uk dealer with no probs,  then if and when I come to sell it, I won't hesitate putting it up for it's uk market value, makes not a blind bit of difference in after-sales care so it seems, as long it's uk spec.
A private buyer may well keep throwing it in your face, that it's an import, but I'm a good seller, jedi mind tricks etc......sold!!
So, in essence, I'm not surprised at this low quoted amount at all.
But good to know   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Yaaay - so I only stand to lose £500 quid then when I knock mine on in the future.  This is great news  s:D :D s:D  .  But at the end of the day how much you're gonna get for your car can depend on so many other things: e.g. supply & demand, time of year etc etc.

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

THEMOSS

It's crazy that dealers, and even to an extent private buyers, make such a big deal of 'imports' as if they were some kind of horror story. People don't seem to care whether the car has actually been looked after, even cherished. All that matters is whether it's a UK model or not.

If UK dealers sorted their lives out people woudn't even be looking at importing motors. My Euro imported car shouldn't be worth one penny less than a UK model. Rant over!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Anonymous

I think if someone said to me "Its worth less cos its an import" I would point out that they all come from Japan. (At least in the case of the MR2).   s:P :P s:P

Tags: