Metal roof ?

Started by trevsmr2, February 6, 2013, 18:34

trevsmr2

Metal roof anyone ??   (not mine)

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-mk ... 4ac116fa1b m

petej

Is that a very mistaken seller?
Middle age syndrome is upon me!!  295hp 3.4l Porsche 987s is the new bigger boys toy.

uktotty

lol twit!

uktotty

Contacted him to let him know.

The reply was quite succinct

"With respect you're talking through your backside. Look at the photo, OEM hardtop from Toyota factory fitted to my mr2 mk 3"

onion86

£350+ with 6 days left, maybe that's an eBay trick for the future, 'metal' ones are worth more than the regular ones  s;) ;) s;)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

uktotty

Yeah, I am convinced that's why it's gone so high, the old crappy fibreglass ones are worth £200 tops with no fitting kit

AckersMR2

Quote from: "uktotty"lol twit!
After his "diplomatic" reply you might want to change the vowel in your first comment for another one  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

loadswine

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  So you're saying that the i in twit becomes the A hole!
Most appropriate given the person's response to Russ!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

AckersMR2

Quote from: "uktotty"Contacted him to let him know.

The reply was quite succinct

"With respect you're talking through your backside. Look at the photo, OEM hardtop from Toyota factory fitted to my mr2 mk 3"
You also would have thought that as he is so clever he would have removed the fitting kit from "my mr2 mk 3" before he got rid of the car?

My only car is a Ducati 

markiii

someone may have reported it as a fraudulent listing  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

AckersMR2

Quote from: "markiii"someone may have reported it as a fraudulent listing  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Don't mess with the ROC  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

Perhaps the metal ones are the 'safety' option that we are all not aware Toyota offered?  s;-) ;-) s;-)

I bet he has a [strike:2opmmmq0]style bar[/strike:2opmmmq0] roll over bar for sale too!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

wotugonado

Quote from: "markiii"someone may have reported it as a fraudulent listing  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Quality
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "wotugonado"

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Quality

He's just an idiot, there seem to be a few around at the moment.
I wonder how much lighter an aluminium hardtop would be.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

StuC

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I wonder how much lighter an aluminium hardtop would be.

Following the idiocy of this thread...

I'll break out the kitchen foil and some sticky tape and get back to you!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

K T M Rider

apparently he's been contacted by a 'supercillious pedant'   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

mrzwei

Guess most will have noticed that the detail of the listing has been modified.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

K T M Rider

oops double post

but as I'm here again

Quote from: "mrzwei"Guess most will have noticed that the detail of the listing has been modified.

I had assumed that some of the readers of this thread may have found better ways to use their time than to follow the ad's progress   s:) :) s:)

markiii

hmm Feck?

that seem like an attempt to to get around the ebay profanity rules

someone may have reported that  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "markiii"hmm Feck?

that seem like an attempt to to get around the ebay profanity rules

someone may have reported that  :-) :-) :-)

You're an evil man ....... I like it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Wabbitkilla

His advert isn't exactly selling it for me ... anyone coming across that will think wtf is his problem?

uktotty

BTW, I am that superlicious pedant.

wotugonado

Quote from: "uktotty"BTW, I am that superlicious pedant.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   poor bloke just trying to sell his metal/fibreglass hybrid roof then you went an peed on his chips   s:D :D s:D  

ive just googled it to find the meaning   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  , must be his words of the week from evening class

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   hes got the right hump has'nt he   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

K T M Rider

Quote from: "uktotty"BTW, I am that superlicious pedant.

even though it says earlier in this thread you contacted him and I've been reading your (often entertaining) comments for 3 years now, never would've guessed   s:) :) s:)     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Personally I find pedantry to be truly in the sewer of human traits, but I couldn't help noticing you spelt supercilious incorrectly (couldn't help noticing I spelt it incorrectly as well   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Or perhaps superlicious was a deliberate mistake ?

minimike

There is also a roadster on Autotrader which looks pretty good apart from the passenger window which doesn't work anymore.........I wonder.....  s:) :) s:)
2006 red, 2006 silver TF212, 2003 black, 2001 black

Tags: